Two design options for rebranded badges coming to Pure Planet Community

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies

Hi everyone

We’ve got a Pure Planet design rebrand happening and there’s two options for how community badges will look which we’d like to get your feedback on.

You’ve probably noticed that the new Pure Planet app which went live this week has some new colours for pages and logos. 

This image shows the new colours:

New Pure Planet brand colours

The PP blue is brighter, slightly darker. And we’ve got new shades of green.

This new design will be applied to the Pure Planet website soon, as well as to our emails and, of course, to our community!

In the new branding - which we’re aiming to apply to the community platform by mid-July - we’ve got a choice of two designs for the badges. (Badges are given depending on how prolific you are. The more time you spend in the Community, and the more posts you write, the more badges you accumulate!)

Option 1 has a lighter background.

Option 2 has a darker background, with a bit more blue as well as green.

Options for new Pure Planet Community badges

Here at PP HQ, we like both! But we can only have one… Any thoughts on which you prefer?

Which of the two options for new badges designs do you like best?

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Love it! 😳👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, nice bit of fun, nice little choice! 🎉

Love it! 😳👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, nice bit of fun, nice little choice! 🎉

Thanks @Bev Voting in the poll looks neck and neck at the moment. Do you have a preference, or are you ‘keeping your powder dry’ ?! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh no way - just typed smashing reply, then got “Somethings gone wrong”. Tried to go back, to get message back, and got 502 bad gateway 😳🤷‍♀️. Tried again, and got 504 Gateway timed out 😫😫😫

Start again. 

Prefer the darker our Marc, and voted, BUT BUT BUT both hurt my eyes 🤣🤣🤣. This is NOT anything to do with design or colour tho, no way. This is purely my fluctuating eyesight, stemming from whatever, but sometimes 100%, then other times sooooo affected. But deffo the darker IMO 👍👍👍

Sadly tho, I think the badges get a bit lost, bit forgotten, and it’s a shame, they’re really fun IMO, some nice fun themes, I say, and it’s just an idea, just an idea, just an idea, but maybe a badge board displaying names and fun badges, just for fun like, and maybe even other info as had no idea of number of posts til Nat emailed re 10000 badge, but to REPLACE leaderboards maybe? Or even, what’s the word, not condense the info, but merge all info together 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

May require too much admin, but I think it’d be a good kinda fun summary board. 

Okay I admit, I’m ‘awkward’:
I prefer option 2  for most things except for:
‘Snapper’ which should be Blue outer ring, field of green, white camera body, green lens - currently the camera could disappear onto the background.
I’m not totally convinced by the ‘Staff badge’ in option 2 either, but I think that’s because you should have put it in the top row, where it matches, not the bottom row, where it doesn’t

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc I like some of one and some of two, but the numbers need to be bolder like the old badges and the symbols made a tad larger. They look a little too delicate as they are, hope you don’t mind the feedback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ooh, it's a close call atm!

Just for fun

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just for fun

🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

Next time you ask the doctor if it’s normal I expect that’s the answer you’ll get.

Yes! Does that mean I get the casting vote @Angelabikerbabe :laughing:

hope you don’t mind the feedback.

I love feedback @woz Feedback is my fav thing ever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay I admit, I’m ‘awkward’:
I prefer option 2  for most things except for:
‘Snapper’ which should be Blue outer ring, field of green, white camera body, green lens - currently the camera could disappear onto the background.

Not awkward at all @Gwyndy I think those are good suggestions for the snapper badge :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes! Does that mean I get the casting vote @Angelabikerbabe :laughing:

🤣👍

Sadly tho, I think the badges get a bit lost, bit forgotten, and it’s a shame, they’re really fun IMO, some nice fun themes, I say, and it’s just an idea, just an idea, just an idea, but maybe a badge board displaying names and fun badges, just for fun like, and maybe even other info as had no idea of number of posts til Nat emailed re 10000 badge, but to REPLACE leaderboards maybe? Or even, what’s the word, not condense the info, but merge all info together 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Hey @Bev 

You know we always love hearing your ideas so please don’t be afraid to share them! :grinning:

If you’d like, you could post this in the Ideas Board? That way we can chat about it/ look into it further - it may get a bit lost in this thread otherwise. :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah, I forgot to use that this time, our Nat. I’ll give it some thought. Might be a bit too much to merge, then it’ll look too busy. Not sure yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nataly I've now made the vote even tighter for you 😂 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Is it going to be decided on penalties?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it going to be decided on penalties?

Oh no. Can’t we have one footie free space 😂 

Wow, that’s very close indeed. In fact, I’d say it couldn’t be any closer.

So, I think we’re hearing (from the replies, anyway) that Option 2 - the darker ones - probably just edges it. That the ‘snapper’ badge needs a bit of work. And the numbers made bolder or larger (so they stand out a bit more).

Is that a fair summary? (*hides*)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow, that’s very close indeed. In fact, I’d say it couldn’t be any closer.

So, I think we’re hearing (from the replies, anyway) that Option 2 - the darker ones - probably just edges it. That the ‘snapper’ badge needs a bit of work. And the numbers made bolder or larger (so they stand out a bit more).

Is that a fair summary? (*hides*)

We wouldn’t want to make it to easy for you @Marc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Perfect Marc👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Marc Is there a badge for times you like (or are liked) as well as how many times you post? If not, it may bean idea when the badges are having their rebrand? Not sure if anyone else would agree. 

I know what I’d like: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee hee our Notes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On the old platty, our Lapa, we had (what Notes is referring to) all the likes / new mentions etc, all in one place, so as soon as you logged in, you’d go to your profile and it’d show you who’d “liked” your posts etc. It was fab as worked well back then. Made it exciting, as genuine. Sadly, with the new platty, it’s become a bit of like for the sake of liking, since the leaderboard. That’s why that was one thing that deffo worked best in the old platty, and something a lot of us have voted to try and get back. More fair, less exploitation. So I’m wondering if a badge may just cause likes for the sake of likes 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

At the end of the day, it’s just 200% fun of course, but it’s still nice if it works fairly, and is easy to see too, at a glance. Loving how much you love the badges tho 👍🙃😉

1000% agree, it’s a game of two halves! 😉