T&Cs Versions confusion

• 8 July 2020
  • 8 replies

I switched to PP today via MoneySuperMarket.

The MSM application form tells me I am agreeing to PP’s T&Cs, with a link to Version 2.8.

On the PP website, I then had to read and agree to Version 2.9 to continue with the switch.

PP then sent me Version 2.8 with my Welcome Pack by email.

When I ask WhattBot for T&Cs, I get a link to Version 2.9.

Make your mind up!  Why are there two versions floating around randomly on the website and forms?

What is the difference between the two versions?  I don’t have the energy to go through comparing them with each other.

8 replies

That does sound confusing @Shello and exhausting….

Nice one for flagging it! We’ll get that sorted :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I switched to PP today via MoneySuperMarket.

The MSM application form tells me I am agreeing to PP’s T&Cs, with a link to Version 2.8.

On the PP website, I then had to read and agree to Version 2.9 to continue with the switch.

PP then sent me Version 2.8 with my Welcome Pack by email.

When I ask WhattBot for T&Cs, I get a link to Version 2.9.

Make your mind up!  Why are there two versions floating around randomly on the website and forms?

What is the difference between the two versions?  I don’t have the energy to go through comparing them with each other.

hi Shello

Well spotted (again!) I think I can see why this has happened, the T&C’s were updated on 7th July, so your timing is perfect!

When you applied it was version 2.8, but sadly I don’t have a copy of both in front of me, I only have 2.9, so I can’t tell you what the difference is or even which one applies to you. 

Logically (but not necessarily legally?) it will be whichever version you are sent and  deemed to have agreed to, assuming the end of v2.8 is the same as v2.9, it says at the end of v2.9

2.1.3. confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions and the tariff we have provided to you as part of the application process by pressing ‘Confirm’

Thanks for following this up.

Yes, I noticed that v2.9 was introduced on 7th July - BUT I applied today, 8th July, so after the update.

I shouldn’t have been emailed the old v2.8 today (8th July) with my Welcome Pack.

Also I shouldn’t have been referred to v2.8 by the link on the MSM application which I also completed today (though that may be MSM’s error).

The T&Cs are the contract terms so it’s imperative that the current, correct version is sent to and accepted by the customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for following this up.

Yes, I noticed that v2.9 was introduced on 7th July - BUT I applied today, 8th July, so after the update.

I shouldn’t have been emailed the old v2.8 today (8th July) with my Welcome Pack.

Also I shouldn’t have been referred to v2.8 by the link on the MSM application which I also completed today (though that may be MSM’s error).

The T&Cs are the contract terms so it’s imperative that the current, correct version is sent to and accepted by the customer.

I agree, I was just pointing out why i might have happened.

(I don’t work for  PP but marc does).

Thanks - and sorry to vent!

Hopefully PP will pick this up as feedback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks - and sorry to vent!

Hopefully PP will pick this up as feedback.

Hi Shello,

A big sorry if you know this but only Marc and Nataly work for PP managing the community.

In normal times both Marc and Nat work at PP’s open plan HQ as part of PP’s Team and their pets.

They’re all working from home until further notice and no doubt the pets miss the atmosphere. Seriously though all members comments are taken on board, reviewed and often acted upon with many things in the pipeline. So in essence you’ve seen Marcs response and Marc will no doubt pass that on to the appropriate team member, same for account issues although account issues in the first instance is preferred via wattBot, or resource the FaQ’s and of course your fellow members like our leader Woz, who will go that extra mile providing detailed feedback.

Sorry Woz only winding you up and I won’t say that again.

When using wattBot, first type “Message the Team” response fairly prompt with a text prompt advising that PP have responded back in bot space.

Anyway Shello it can be fun here as well as posting a critique.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In normal times both Marc and Nat work at PP’s open plan HQ as part of PP’s Team and their pets.

They’re all working from home until further notice and no doubt the pets miss the atmosphere.

😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏💕🐾🐶🐱🐰💕

or resource the FaQ’s and of course your fellow members like our leader Woz, who will go that extra mile providing detailed feedback.

Oh boy….. Did I miss that team meeting @Strutt G ?:laughing: