Reason for Leaving- you asked me why

I’m leaving because, after my fix ends in August, the only fix I could move to would cost me more than £300 extra for the year. This was apparently based on my usage but, as I consistently used less than you anticipated, this £300 would represent a huge percentage price rise.

18 replies

@Marc @Nataly @Mads  maybe the link should be more clear that this is the community and not PP directly ? I’ve seen quite a few in the last few days where they think they are ranting at PP and not fellow customers. 

I concur. It is just not clear that this forum is not the official help line. Too many come on here in the belief that it is and of course that belief is fostered a lot more when they look at the web page which tells everybody who did not know that this Pure Planet. I have moaned about this a few times in the past! The latest edition of the app, however, is much better and the options are clear, four, Ask WattBot (not a good experience for many, Help and Support (last time I tried this with a simple question it failed),  Community FAQs and this does say it’s members responding  and Need help with something else, the latter I think is in the wrong place more particularly the emergency part “I’ve got no electricity or gas.”  That has more urgency and importance than anything else surely? It should be top of the page on its own. Also I did not know “Need help with something else,” was there at first. Perhaps it should come before Community FAQs.

When you get to the Community you have no idea it is not a direct feed to Pure Planet. We are not told in clear big letters it is a community forum only. That is probably the main reason we get users coming in here thinking they are addressing PP direct, venting and complaining. Hence whenever a member responds he or she has to say, or ought to say, they are not employees etc.

In most cases the fault is the user for not properly understanding what he or she has signed up to, misunderstood quotes given, thinks an IHD is an important money saving device!

That paragraph on @Bev’s email seems well-worded to me. Making it any more explicit might turn it into a wordfest. Just my opinion 😉 

@Lapa We hear you. Just so you know, the feedback in the Community does go back to the rest of the team. It’s really useful :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Linden250 

Thank you very much for leaving feedback! Hopefully we can welcome you back with us sometime in the future :smiley:

@Lapa members are prompted to leave feedback in the Community when they’re emailed their final bill. Sorry its a bit blurry, but I hope this helps! 

I get that but just think it should be made clearer that the community are fellow customers and does not mean directly to PP.  from reading that I would have thought it would go to PP and not be picked up by customers first. 

Hello @Linden250 

Thank you very much for leaving feedback! Hopefully we can welcome you back with us sometime in the future :smiley:

@Lapa members are prompted to leave feedback in the Community when they’re emailed their final bill. Sorry its a bit blurry, but I hope this helps! 

Thanks @woz, for the life of me I couldn’t find that last night.

Well, assuming that this:

Refers to this - I can’t be sure as I haven’t had any ‘new contract’ paperwork since I cancelled the accidental start date, and started a new one from the end of my current contract:

Then I’m slightly better off with the one I’ve signed up to.

I guess I will have to wait and see.

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I'm with @Gwyndy  on this, I will be able to change tariffs in 3 days, and have been checking, but I haven't seen any post informing us of the new expensive tariff. I hope @woz  is right and another cheaper option will be available soon.

I haven't checked competitors but a change from 15.1 p to 20.68p and from 2.51p to 4.19p is just crazy.

Rough calculations reveal it would be approximately £488 more expensive than my existing fixed tariff

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy 

Hi Mark

and it isn’t very competitive.(that’s me being polite)

(note: Membership fee is reduced slightly)

(My guess is V2 will replace it shortly and it will be cheaper)

it’s here, released 19th July

Their latest tariff is not the one you would have been offered, it’s only been out 2 days and if it’s a sign of what’s going to happen throughout suppliers we all need to worry because currently it’s about 9% dearer than the variable tariff - that’s unsustainable.(either the fix will decrease or the variable will increase)

Where is this new tariff @woz ? I’ve tried searching the community but can’t find it.
I’d like to try to compare it to the tariff I’ve signed up to from August - admittedly not easy as the only info I have about that new tariff is what the new monthly payments will be, not the unit rates.

I appreciate your answer to my comments and hope you find the right tariff for you. Mine’s more expensive than my last brilliant fix with PP, but thankfully not eye-wateringly so! Best wishes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m sorry. As you don’t work for PP my comments obviously are not aimed at you personally,, whoever you are who replied. PP emailed me and gave me a link to follow to explain why I was leaving PP,. So I did that and someone replied. That’s all. I just thought PP wanted feedback and didn’t look any further than attempting to respond to their link. Not your problem. I apologise. I’ve found a cheaper tariff with someone else now so everyone can relax.

@Linden250 I’m not personally bothered or offended at all even if they were aimed at me, my only interest here was that I wanted to be sure that your decision to switch was not based on on a false premise, which, sadly with many people  it is. (but not with you).

They look at only the amount of the direct debit, “oh PP have quoted  x amount but blahdeebah energy co. have quoted y amount  so I’m leaving. You’d be surprised at how many people who switch fail to look at the annual cost (if it’s a fixed tariff - a variable tariff is a different matter entirely).

PP welcome the feedback, and if you’ve found a cheaper  fixed deal  that’s great. Prices are very volatile at the moment, PP’s latest fixed tariff July 19th 24 month is eye-wateringly expensive compared with their fixed tariff a year ago, but the same difference applies to all suppliers, so if you happen to find one that’s cheaper by virtue of the fact that they’ve not put their prices up yet that’s great.

Their latest tariff is not the one you would have been offered, it’s only been out 2 days and if it’s a sign of what’s going to happen throughout suppliers we all need to worry because currently it’s about 9% dearer than the variable tariff - that’s unsustainable.(either the fix will decrease or the variable will increase)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Marc @Nataly @Mads  maybe the link should be more clear that this is the community and not PP directly ? I’ve seen quite a few in the last few days where they think they are ranting at PP and not fellow customers. 

I’m sorry. As you don’t work for PP my comments obviously are not aimed at you personally,, whoever you are who replied. PP emailed me and gave me a link to follow to explain why I was leaving PP,. So I did that and someone replied. That’s all. I just thought PP wanted feedback and didn’t look any further than attempting to respond to their link. Not your problem. I apologise. I’ve found a cheaper tariff with someone else now so everyone can relax.

I’m leaving because, after my fix ends in August, the only fix I could move to would cost me more than £300 extra for the year. 

I can’t comment for your usage, but my unit cost will increase approximately 28% when my current contract expires in August, I don’t blame Pure Planet because I know this is happening because prices last year were depressed by the effect of CoVid on world energy usage.

I compared, and I couldn’t find a particularly better deal at the time, I actually posted the results here previously - MoneySuperMarket quoted me based on what they had as my property’s usage, which was roughly 9% under my EAC recorded by Pure Planet, and gave a false impression of future charges. 

I still have until roughly August 1st to continue checking and still make a switch in time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I presumed your quote for next year was based on my actual usage since it was addressed to me on my app and my usage was there on the app just above the quotation. If that quotation wasn’t based on what I’d actually used over the year then, apparently, you have lost a customer because that wasn’t made clear. The green company I signed up with was cheaper based on what YOU told me my usage had been.

I don’t work for PP,

@Linden250 

Since you mentioned making things clear , that applies to your post where you wrote

but, as I consistently used less than you anticipated, this £300 would represent a huge percentage price rise.

That says to me that you thought PP’s quote was high because you think that they were quoting for more units than you are going to use,  hence why I wrote what I did. Perhaps it’s you who needs to make things clear?

Anyway glad you got a fair comparison.

Good luck with your new supplier

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

Just to let you know , you are not talking to PP directly on this forum.

This is a public forum for PP customers  .

I presumed your quote for next year was based on my actual usage since it was addressed to me on my app and my usage was there on the app just above the quotation. If that quotation wasn’t based on what I’d actually used over the year then, apparently, you have lost a customer because that wasn’t made clear. The green company I signed up with was cheaper based on what YOU told me my usage had been.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Linden250 

Prices have risen a lot since your last fix, not just for PP but for all suppliers.

If you know your usage has reduced get a quote based on the new usage. Also you can ask PP to reduce the DD if you take the quote based on your old usage.

If you do comparisons make sure you use the new usage figures for everyone including Pure Planet.

You can’t compare different suppliers if you base it on different usage.