points glitch

• 3 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not sure but is there a glitch in the members points leaders board. It would appear if you are active in the community when the weekly points reset to another week then your points roll over. This week i started with 800 some odd points. Overall total is not affected. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s all a top secret how it’s calculated our Jonny, you’re not allowed to query it please. Ask no questions, be told no lies 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Just be thankful you’re at the ruddy top lad! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there

I had no idea the members leaderboard existed! Does anyone know how 'all time' is defined? Since the dawn of time? Or since the new community came to birth? 

Then I discovered the list of recent badges awarded... It appears you have been busy, Jon1!!

Happy days

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just since the new platty I think, Stephen 

Those gamified points are a mystery to me. After you pointed them out to me recently @Bev i noticed I was a little ahead Of you. Now you’ve got double my score.

also, what going on with the capitals in this forum?? 🛸

Hey @Jon1 

The week resets (or, it’s supposed to, at least!) on Sunday night - at midnight.

So if you’re in the community first thing on Monday morning….. then….. have I said too much?!

I had no idea the members leaderboard existed! Does anyone know how 'all time' is defined? Since the dawn of time? Or since the new community came to birth? 

@stephenrand the homepage leaderboard began when the new platform went live, which is 1 July :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes way too much! 😂😂😂😂 🤫🤫🤫No need to analyse, just enjoy the forum 😂😂😂

Those gamified points are a mystery to me. 🛸

I can only assume the system works like gymnastics, the more ‘difficult’ the question, the higher your score is for answering it? Either that, or @Mark, and @Nataly just randomly enter numbers to see whether anyone’s paying attention?

Maybe they got AboutFun to design the system, it makes as much sense as the scoring system in WarFriends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Seems the points have gone back to basics 👎👎👎👎

Much more fun initially, as there were random bonus head starts on a Monday, so you could chase to catch up, but totally unaware how the secret scoring system worked 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏.

Now it’s too basic again, all starting with a blank canvas, loses the excitement and secrecy IMO