More than two photos to accompany a post

• 20 February 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 4237 replies
Know this has been raised before, but can’t seem to find it, hence new thread, but if attaching more than two photos into a post, it freezes, and the only way out is to click DONE and start from scratch 😡

​​​​​​​As my cooking posts often require more than two pics, could this little blip maybe be looked into please? No rush 👍

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi bev
under what conditions does it freeze? are you using phone or ipad? And at what point does it freeze, does it make a difference if you post one press return to put a space in and post the next (I assume you can only post one photo at a time or at least I can't select more than one?) asking 'cos I don't tend to use the phone unless I'm out
Bev;48801:
Know this has been raised before, but can’t seem to find it, hence new thread, but if attaching more than two photos into a post, it freezes, and the only way out is to click DONE and start from scratch 😡

​​​​​​​As my cooking posts often require more than two pics, could this little blip maybe be looked into please? No rush 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
iPad our Wozeeta, and yes pressing return to make a space to add each photo individually at correct place in the post. I’d done two photos here and that blue cursor indicates where I was about to add the third, forgetting it always crashes after two, so started again.
Hey @Bev @woz
Yep, this is a bug. Doesn't matter which device you use, if there's more than one pic added, it freezes the page.
Same thing happens to me and @Nataly
The way we get round it is by posting the post with two pics, then editing and adding a third if needed. But that is a massive pain in the you-know-what.
But! The good news is that there's an update on Wednesday morning to fix it. 👍
This is now... fixed! 😁

@Bev nice one for pointing this out 👍 you can now post photos to your heart's content! (3 randomly chosen photos above, just to prove it 😉)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Super chuffed! 🙀👍, thanks Marc 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can’t add a photo 🤷‍♀️😢

Was trying on another topic, so thought I’d have a go here as a test, but nothing 🤷‍♀️😖😩🤨

How big was the photo @Bev ?

There’s a size limit. I think it’s 5MB

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks Marc 👍, I tried again and it’s since worked, so thank you 👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

zzzzzzz  (that’s wasps not me sleeping)

it appears that bees do have knees...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Last night, and again today, keep repeatedly getting this message when adding a photo. If I close the app, but stay logged in, but redo the moon thingy click, then try again, it works. Bizarre. 

🤷‍♀️🤔🤷‍♀️

That’s a weird one @Bev Never seen it before.

Am putting on my Columbo-style mac to ask some people some questions  :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

you’ll  do yourself a neck injury if you continue with that moon thingy click...

Hey @Bev We’ve been thoroughly interrogating all parties (aka, we did a Google search) and it looks like an iPhone/iPad thing.

And it looks like it’s photos which go into Dropbox. Maybe. Does this help? Link here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Never ever use Dropbox or any kinda cloud, but it was airdropped from iphone to iPad, but if it’s recognised as a specific iphone iPad problem, no worries at all, as using both. Thanks Marc 👍👏👏👏

I’d go for a restart @Bev… 😎

Ah yes, the old ‘switch it off and on again’ ploy :laughing:

Hope that sorts it @Bev 

Good suggestion @25 quid :thumbsup: