Login to the community is broken!

• 6 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8865 replies

I was testing cookies, deleted all and logged out, I was then unable to log back in using the login/register link despite accepting necessary cookies. Please see screenshot.

returned link was as follows

https://community.purepla.net/sso/return?referer=token&url=%2Fsso%2Flogin%3FssoType%3Dtoken#error=access_denied&error_description=&state=

This wasn’t a browser specific issue, it happened on 2 different browsers.

Fortunately I was able to get a login mail generated through my mobile I used the login mail to re-sign in from my PC.

chrome and firefox both logged in with mails

Just to point out that if my mobile hadn’t worked I would have been locked out forever with no means of telling you. (were you trying to tell me something?:thinking: )

and just to add another bug, when posting this it failed telling me I hadn’t selected a subject, after a little head scratching wondering what it meant I discovered it was telling me I hadn’t chosen which section to post it in which was an option down below (community, ideas etc.) and not that obvious. This needs amending to be clearer for others.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just to point out that if my mobile hadn’t worked I would have been locked out forever with no means of telling you. (were you trying to tell me something?:thinking: )

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ha! might have guessed you’d find that funny. What’s for dinner tonight?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s a special dinner tonight! Pizza mmmmmmm 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s a special dinner tonight! Pizza mmmmmmm 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕💕

!!! Are you having a night off cooking and getting a take-away? I’m shocked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I just logged out of the community on firefox using the drop down log out option.

When I click on log-in/register top rhs, I’m logged in immediately no email necessary.

Isn’t this now a gaping security hole on a shared or public computer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It logs me out periodically, but if I see “Log in” in top rhs, rather than my avatar, I go back to the Community moon, and it logs me straight in. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that if I clicked on log in rhs, it’d take me via the email faf 🤷‍♀️