Following page isn’t loading

Tried this a few times and get this: 

76 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No lie, I had that yesterday! Only happened once, so just thought little blip, and been fine today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

#metoo but...

I don’t use that link, I don’t understand what the difference is between https://community.purepla.net/  and the overview for which I can’t even find the originating link?

sorry to be thick..

Working again now! So @woz, I can now use my first port of call again. As we don’t have a notification page were we can see replies, mentions, likes etc. I’ve taken to going here to see what’s new:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Doesn’t that just show you who you’re stalking, sorry following?! 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

I’m watching y oooooo uuuuuuu…….

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I always miss that reply total, that’s on my life, so thanks our 25 notes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve got one follower, he’s never ever posted, just following me I think 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️Dunno! 

I’m not your follower @Bev. I’m not following anyone. Wonder what happens if I do? Will I get caught??

Just checked, I’ve got one follower too. Wonder if it’s the same person?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid @Bev haha, I trump you, I have 2 seemingly random followers, no idea who they are or why they would follow me. (I’ve always thought being paranoid is a plus point for life expectancy...)

https://community.purepla.net/network/followers#activities

that said I don’t really care to be followed but neither do I wish to offend them by suggesting they don’t….now this thread is completely derailed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid

not hijacking this honestly, apologies to @25 quid  as just seen other of your threads telling me to get my own thread (quite right too!)  but I cbb deleting and reposting this and it could be related...or not...

when I load pages I get ½ a second or so of this↓ ,

what’s going on?(it’s there long enough to capture a screenshot, so not just a few milliseconds)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No it’s not the same one our 25 notes, and like you say, I reckon they don’t even know they’re following, think prob just hit the wrong key when playing about, bless. Like our Wozeeta, I’d never want to hurt their feelings, so wouldn’t ask them to unfollow. 

@25 quid

not hijacking this honestly, apologies to @25 quid  as just seen other of your threads telling me to get my own thread (quite right too!)  but I cbb deleting and reposting this and it could be related...or not...

when I load pages I get ½ a second or so of this↓ ,

what’s going on?(it’s there long enough to capture a screenshot, so not just a few milliseconds)

Just turn off Javascript in your browser and you get as long as you like to peruse it! PP is very heavily re-writing the page in your browser after it is first sent from the server. It’s not a great approach, but it’s what they are doing.

It’s the very briefest of flashes for me; perhaps you need to upgrade your system @woz!? 😉 

With Javascript
Without Javascript

PS. We’re very nicely off-topic now, hurrah!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m gonna deffo hijack, just to say my WYWA has failed a few times yesterday and twice today 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Just flickers and takes me to community homepage. Latest posts is a good backup but just saying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid

not hijacking...blah blah

Just turn off Javascript in your browser and you get as long as you like to peruse it! PP is very heavily re-writing the page in your browser after it is first sent from the server. It’s not a great approach, but it’s what they are doing.

It’s the very briefest of flashes for me; perhaps you need to upgrade your system @woz!? 😉 

S. We’re very nicely off-topic now, hurrah!

@25 quid

Thanks, my point was and still is, this appears to be a new thing, afaik my pc isn’t slower than it was (well it is a bit as the sshd is wearing out slowly at about the same rate as my brain).

It appeared a day or so ago unless it was there all the time and I never noticed it. Something has changed. You’re entirely correct this requires a thread of it’s own, I’ll get right to it sir.

done

https://community.purepla.net/favorite/overview has always showed threads I’ve posted in. However, since yesterday it’s stopped showing some stuff. Some still appear, but way fewer than usual. I have tried manually unfollowing and re-following, but no change.

For example:

no longer appears in the above Latest Posts when there’s a new post. Please fix this new bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And also Latest Threads has got really really short! Used to be lots of pages, but now you’re buggered if you’re not here daily.

Hi @25 quid 

I’ve merged today’s post into the existing thread, ‘cos we’re talking about the same URL right, this one 

https://community.purepla.net/favorite/overview

The first report was that it wasn’t loading anything at all. Now looks like some stuff is, but not all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now i only got 1 page of 'latest posts',  no way to get any more up!

Well that’s different

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

win 10 chrome up to date it’s working for me..but still have those nasty placeholder labels appearing..

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And also Latest Threads has got really really short! Used to be lots of pages, but now you’re buggered if you’re not here daily.

Pleased to see multiple pages are back again., thank you! 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ah, nice to hear that @Bev 

Was going to ask if it’s working OK again for you and @25 quid @Angelabikerbabe 

Hi @Marc, working but missing content! Only two thread with updates showing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Mine is working ok @Marc 👍

Hiwever , the "Content text label content" is still flashing up for that split second. 

Mine is working ok @Marc 👍

Hiwever , the "Content text label content" is still flashing up for that split second. 

Thanks @Angelabikerbabe