Solved

Error when providing meter readings - caused by colour of text too light

Logged in as usual to provide the meter readings.

After entering the readings, the page to allow me to check that the entered readings were correct was displayed, however there were no readings in the boxes. Decided to continue believing that if no readings were there it would give an error, no error given.

Logged out and an error was then received about an error occurred logging in.

Logged in again and when I selected enter meter readings it stated meter reading already provided. I was unable to verify the meter readings.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 29 March 2021, 15:08

Hey @Phil85 

Just jumping back in to add that our Tech team are currently looking into an issue being reported by Members on iOS, that their readings aren’t appearing. It looks like the font colour has changed to white (on a white background!) so although you can’t see them, they are there. 

@Phil85

If you go to your account, tap on the usage balloon,. or usage and tariff in the menu, and scroll to reading history. If the readings have been submitted correctly they should be there.

If you follow @Duppy’s advice you should be able to see them under your reading history :slight_smile: .

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

You can submit meter readings every 24 hours, so you can submit the correct ones tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Phil85 

You don’t need to log out every time, if you don’t actively log out you won’t need to log in even if you close the browser.

I’m unclear what you mean, are you saying it didn’t take the readings you submitted? Did you try resubmitting? Anyway as @Angelabikerbabe says you can submit once a day, so submit again tomorrow (or today if today is already tomorrow) 

I was not saying that I had submitted the wrong meter readings, I was stating that the option to confirm the correct meter readings had been entered did not contain any values. How would I be able to confirm the entered readings are correct if the readings are not displayed, this would indicate that there is some functional error with the Pure Planet meter readings input function.

I do not know if the meter readings that I had entered were submitted correctly because the readings verification screen did not show any values.

My readings were due today, therefore there is no point in entering them tomorrow because the bill will have already been calculated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Phil85 

If you go to your account, tap on the usage balloon,. or usage and tariff in the menu, and scroll to reading history. If the readings have been submitted correctly they should be there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I do not know if the meter readings that I had entered were submitted correctly because the readings verification screen did not show any values.

My readings were due today, therefore there is no point in entering them tomorrow because the bill will have already been calculated.

@Phil85 and to add to @Duppy ‘s reply, if there has/had been a problem submitting it won’t make a financial difference, if real readings haven’t made the deadline your statement will be estimated - probably fairly close to the real readings but it’s easy enough to calculate what it should have been  (if that’s the issue). It will in any event update when readings are submitted, and it won’t affect your direct debit. 

If the readings haven’t made it to the destination resubmit as soon as you can to make sure it’s working OK

Hey @Phil85 

Sorry to hear there was an issue when entering your readings - spot on advice from @Angelabikerbabe, @Duppy and @woz. I think they’ve covered all bases between them! :grin:

Let us know how you get on if you try to enter your readings again. :thumbsup:

Hey @Phil85 

Just jumping back in to add that our Tech team are currently looking into an issue being reported by Members on iOS, that their readings aren’t appearing. It looks like the font colour has changed to white (on a white background!) so although you can’t see them, they are there. 

@Phil85

If you follow @Duppy’s advice you should be able to see them under your reading history :slight_smile: .

Hey @Phil85 

@Phil85

If you follow @Duppy’s advice you should be able to see them under your reading history :slight_smile: .

Yes, the issue has been misunderstood.  I had the same today.  @Phil85 @Nataly The readings shown in the final confirmation page are there but very faint.  Took me a while to spot they were there, but the font colour is wrong - a very pale grey.  I assume an app update due soon?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

#Blackfontsmatter

Hey @Redbaron 

Thanks for letting us know :thumbsup: 

Our Tech team have identified a fix, and are working to get this live ASAP. I’ll let you know on this post once available. 

Hey everyone, 

I’m a little late in posting this, I’m sorry! This was fixed in our latest release, 8.18.5 :slight_smile:

Let me know if, once updating to the latest version, this is sorted for you now. 

Thanks everyone for flagging this with us.

Contrast needs looking at!

This is from the final check before submitting readings 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Chinthe 

I agree that’s poor

What device /OS are you using?

@Nataly  should this be in feedback?

@Chinthe

I agree that’s poor

What device /OS are you using?

@Nataly  should this be in feedback?

I can tell you it’s like that in Android on a OnePlus 3, because I checked before upvoting.

Hey @Chinthe 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

I’ve added your post to this existing thread about this issue. Just to keep it all in one place. 

Can you check you’ve updated to the latest version of the app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Phil85

You don’t need to log out every time, if you don’t actively log out you won’t need to log in even if you close the browser.

I’m unclear what you mean, are you saying it didn’t take the readings you submitted? Did you try resubmitting? Anyway as @Angelabikerbabe says you can submit once a day, so submit again tomorrow (or today if today is already tomorrow) 

@woz I do find I need to log in at times after the browser has been closed, I had to just now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Chinthe I find the readout on my electricity smart reader very difficult to see. The background and colours used are wrong such as to give poor definition. Thank goodness I no longer need to take readings!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Phil85

I’m unclear what you mean, are you saying it didn’t take the readings you submitted? Did you try resubmitting? Anyway as @Angelabikerbabe says you can submit once a day, so submit again tomorrow (or today if today is already tomorrow) 

@woz I do find I need to log in at times after the browser has been closed, I had to just now.

Same here Richard, and I think it’s to do with cookie settings having analysed it a bit over the months. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bev but this is after the cookie policy was made legal. With the app, it is different in that I am rarely if ever asked for my email address even if I have exited the app, closed it down and done a hard reset of my mobile. It is as if I am permanently on line. Just as well it is not a bank account!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah I’m not sure Rich. For me, it happened before and after the cookie thingy. It’s always never kept me logged into the community for long periods. But yes, simple click on the moon, and back in without email thankfully. 

Its the other extreme with online banking, thankfully! For banking, that’s exactly what you want to see.

Hi @Marc & @woz 

App version is 8.18.5-dr

iPhone SE 2020 iOS 14.4.2
(Dark mode)

Thanks for looking into this

cheers

Graham

Hey everyone, 

Just to let you know this issue is due to be (re)fixed next week. :relaxed: 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime!  

Hi everyone, 

We’ve just released a new version of your app and web accounts - the contrast issue has been fixed as part of this. :slight_smile:  More info on the update available here!