Entering meter readings usin app

• 22 August 2020
  • 17 replies

I use the app on my iPad to enter meter readings. With any other app, one gentle tap is all that is required. However, with the pure planet app I need to tap many times before I get a response and am able to enter readings. Does anyone else have that problem?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Definitely not, Paul. I use the app, and a relatively old iPad, but it’s very easy to enter the readings and get confirmation. Definitely one light tap. Just my experience, but never ever had that problem, no. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Paul1956 is it linked to a particular area of the screen?

I’ve found that some areas of my screen aren’t as sensitive as others, but can’t say I’ve ever noticed a problem such as you describe.

@Paul1956, I’m with you. I struggle sometimes, but haven’t been able to put my finger on just what the issue is. Pun intended.

There is something odd about the app in this regard. I have mentioned it before and suggested pre-focussing on the input field so the keyboard is already popped up. Saves a step...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I love how you’ve liked your own bloody post our 25 notes 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

➡︎ I wondered if you’d notice! It was a doozy! ⬅︎

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

haha...works for me...I’ve noticed that if I “like” my own posts I feel that bit more wanted…

You should try it @Bev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You saying I’m not wanted? 😩😩😩😩😩😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

😂😂😂😂😂😂

@Paul1956, I’m with you. I struggle sometimes, but haven’t been able to put my finger on just what the issue is. Pun intended.

There is something odd about the app in this regard. I have mentioned it before and suggested pre-focussing on the input field so the keyboard is already popped up. Saves a step...

Here’s the previous post from 6 months ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You saying I’m not wanted? 😩😩😩😩😩😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

😂😂😂😂😂😂

or in your case @Bev even more wanted...

Hey @Paul1956

Just to let you know I’ve moved this to our testing and feedback section - thanks for flagging this (and @25 quid, too!). 

We’re passing this on to our Tech team to look into - of course, they do carry out testing on 100s of devices - as I’m sure you can imagine there are lots of devices out there with lots of different software being run so it can quickly multiply! 

@Paul1956 you mentioned you’re using an iPad - it’d be really helpful to know what make/model and which software you’re running :slight_smile:

I sent my reading yesterday and had to tap multiple times to get the keyboard to appear. iPhone X 13.6.1 but it’s always been a problem. After I got the keyboard I couldn’t reproduce the problem in that session.

I just tried again on a new session and the keyboard appeared on the tenth tap!

The iPad I use is an iPad Air 9.7 inch using up-to-date software, currently iPadOS 13.6.1

Thanks

Paul

Just two taps today. Watch the highlights now!

Thanks @Paul1956 @25 quid for confirming - and that video is also super helpful @25 quid:pray:

Hi @Paul1956 @25 quid 

Thank you again for flagging this. 

Our Tech team have been investigating but haven’t been able to reproduce the problem. 

If more Members encounter this issue in future it’d be easier to locate the problem, so please do flag this up to us if it impacts you and we’ll look into it further:thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@25 quid 

Out of curiosity leave your finger on it for a fraction longer and see if that gives consistent results?

Nope. If I do that I get a haptic shake and the keyboard doesn’t appear. I did it 12 times on the run. Then tapped and up popped the keyboard ok.

However, I then reloaded the App and tapped 10 times with no keyboard. Then I tapped and held for a fraction and the keyboard popped up ok. So maybe there’s a key debounce delay in the system?

Good catch @woz!