Coming soon..... Downloaded statements in app and web account

• 14 October 2019
  • 11 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6155 replies
It's probably more anticipated than the new Joker film....

Coming soon, downloadable statements in your Pure Planet app and web account.

Many Members have been asking for this, including @Angelabikerbabe who also suggested it in the community's ideas board. (This area is currently invite-only, send me a DM anytime if you'd like to get involved! :o)

Here's a design showing work and progress so far.

You'll see current balance and latest payment too (in the mock-up the balance is shown as Β£000.00 for illustrative purposes because of course it's not based on a real account).

The plan is to get this live in next month's app/web update (November).

And we're also improving the way that meter reading history is displayed, too!

11 replies

Oops, forgot to update this post. This new feature went live in an app update last week! πŸ˜€
Hi, Just used this feature.
For some reason the file saves to the computer without the .pdf extension?
Also could I ask for a standard file name format that will list the pdf's in date order within a folder?
i.e. 2020 01 15 Pure Planet Statement 16 December - 15 January.pdf

Thanks
Stuart
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Antimosh;47131:
Also could I ask for a standard file name format that will list the pdf's in date order within a folder?

Thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Technical stuff aside
I save my email attachment.pdf to a folder on my mac and rename it myself, for example (P1 Feb20.pdf).
Same from a Web account via mac, and copied via APP account re iPad retaining.pdf.

I'm not that techie so lets see what other members advise...

Cheers
Hi Stuart.

I would love to help, but basically, I'm lazy.

I just leave it in the email.

15Gb of space from Gmail, of which 90% is unused, how much is one statement going to save me?

I want to see my statement later, I just dig out the correct email.

Gwyndy
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I used to rename and save the statements in my drive folder, but now that the statements are viewable in the app, I no longer bother. If​​​​​​​ I ever plan to switch from PP I will download them then
Antimosh;47131:

Thanks
Stuart

Hi @Antimosh
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
I see you've got lots of replies already. πŸ˜ƒ
I've just tested this out, using the Pure Planet app on an iPhone to save to Google Drive folder on mobile, and using a Windows machine, with a Firefox browser, to save to desktop.
Both times, for me, the statements were saved as PDFs. What file types are you getting?
(Also the PDFs appear in date or for me, too. So I think the two issues you're seeing are connected. πŸ€”)
Hi Marc.

Can you describe what you mean by 'in date'?
When I get my statements in emails they have wonderful names like: Bill401760299_1.pdf - I can't see a date in that anywhere, not even using ye olde DVLA system.

Mind you, it could be worse, my Solarplicity (R.I.P) bills, all came titled with the wonderful name of 'Your New Bill'.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Regards
Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Some misunderstanding here I think, putting aside the saving without a file extension for the moment, which may be an android bug or feature, but if that happens it's easily solved by using file manager and adding a dot pdf extension to the file, if you were to save the files as they arrived, the built in file creation dates would be in order, but you can't rely on when you are going to download/archive them, so the only sure-fire solid way is to sort by filename. (depends on what parameter you sort by)
The files arrive with this feature built in but not in a useful format, the 412345678 number is incremental (contiguous) so the number on the next bill will always be higher than the previous, thus sorting by filename will put them in date order, HOWEVER it isn't both computer andfriendly for sorting at the same time.
If the files were named yyyy_mm_dd-PP_Statement (the date being that on the top of the statement) they would be but not then friendly for PP as lots of bills would have the same name, so the solution is for the files to be generated as yyyy_mm_dd_Statement_412345678
That way if you sort by file name they will always be in date order and no two will be the same, and they would be both human, computer and PP friendly
I might also point out that they are statements not bills, but are named Bill, just saying...

In a nutshell it would be helpful if the filenames were in human/computer/PP friendly sortable order.
Does that clarify or confuse?
Marc;47227:
Hi @Antimosh
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
I see you've got lots of replies already. πŸ˜ƒ
I've just tested this out, using the Pure Planet app on an iPhone to save to Google Drive folder on mobile, and using a Windows machine, with a Firefox browser, to save to desktop.
Both times, for me, the statements were saved as PDFs. What file types are you getting?
(Also the PDFs appear in date or for me, too. So I think the two issues you're seeing are connected. πŸ€”)
Gwyndy;47229:
Hi Marc.

Can you describe what you mean by 'in date'?
When I get my statements in emails they have wonderful names like: Bill401760299_1.pdf - I can't see a date in that anywhere, not even using ye olde DVLA system.

Mind you, it could be worse, my Solarplicity (R.I.P) bills, all came titled with the wonderful name of 'Your New Bill'.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Regards
Mark

Sorry @Gwyndy I meant in date order
Also, I don't get any wonderful names. Mine are quite boring. I download them from iPhone straight into a Google Drive folder, and they look like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi marc
​​​​​​​Did you read my reply above?
Marc;47329:
Sorry @Gwyndy I meant in date order
Also, I don't get any wonderful names. Mine are quite boring. I download them from iPhone straight into a Google Drive folder, and they look like this:

Userlevel 2

I make no apologies for dragging up an old thread, as I was checking for whether my suggestion had already been requested… It has, and it is very simple, but hasn’t yet been implemented.

Downloadable PDF filenames are a constant irritation, as the people who create them do not appear to consider the end user. Any storage system is only as good as its retrieval, and it’s no good if you cannot find out what is within. PP statement numbers are of minimal use to the end-user.

Β 

I would really like to not have to rename my PP statements when I save them from email attachments. There is no need for me to elaborate a solution, as @woz has already done so eloquently above!

A filename such as yyyy_mm_dd_Statement_412345678 would be a great improvement for me.

Β 

I really like the fact that the statement is sent straight to me as a PDF, and I can download it immediately without having to find, log on to, and navigate around a website, or worse, via an app (don’t want PDFs stored on my phone!)Β  Quick and simple, unlike SSE.

In response to another user, I have a fairly full gmail account now (partly because WhatsApp backups have been stored to the same cloud) so I simply download to my laptop’s financial documents folder, where all are kept neatly in one place, then delete the email to recover the space. I keep many emails for reference in gmail, but attachments are better stored off-line.