Can the mobile app remind me to read my meters?

• 3 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Mobile apps are really good at constantly showing annoying reminders. 

Personally,  I would find it very helpful if your app did the same thing. 

The "read your meter" email comes in, but it quickly slides down my mailbox and can be forgotten too easily.

Notifications can always be turned off for users who prefer a quiet life anyway.

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I don't think the app does reminders. 

Although a few days before your statement is due, a 'send a reading ' moon appears on your app home page, but obviously you have to go into your app to see that .

The  "read your meter" email is your reminder. 

Could always put it forward as an idea tho @Marc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've put a monthly reminder in the calendar on my phone... It works for me

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Gunglewack 

It’s a good idea but I think the issue here is  notifications are not available yet and it appears to be a long way down on the priority list mainly because (in my opinion)  PP have assumed very few customers would benefit or want them.(Whether they need or expect them is an entirely different issue)

As Stephen says you can program a repeating reminder into your phone, but that doesn’t entirely solve it as you may need a different date every month if your reminder falls at month end.

otoh a day makes b*gger all difference unless you miss the deadline

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I like to use an old school cardboard shop calendar with an old school 🖌and make my 12 reminders at the start of the year 📆. Might be old fashioned, but it works 👍😂👏

Mobile apps are really good at constantly showing annoying reminders. 

Personally,  I would find it very helpful if your app did the same thing. 

Hi @Gunglewack 

Welcome to the community! Nice one for getting involved :slight_smile:

Yep, this one’s been on the to-do list for a while. Hopefully won’t be too long now!

We’ll share some ideas/designs asap.