Solved

Bug in the app's 'usage' section

• 3 September 2021
  • 21 replies

What has happened to the updated App?

When you try to view previous months on the Energy Usage page, nothing happens. It will only show the current month, even though the arrow tabs to move forwards/backwards are still there. 

Also, when you go to the graphical display, further down the same page, it shows your Combined usage. There are additional tabs to show Electricity and Gas separately, but neither of these work either.

The new app might look bright and shiny, but it’s usability is woeful.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 22 September 2021, 16:40

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have got the current month only problem too, it won’t move with the arrows 🤷‍♀️

Yup. Same bug for me! Can’t navigate to an earlier year using the Sept 2021 button either. 
Meanwhile you can tap on the graph to see readings for each month for this year

Hi @drw1967 

Thanks for flagging this! Just to let you know, I’ve moved your post to our ‘testing and feedback’ section. 

That certainly shouldn’t be happening, so I’ve raised the bug with our Tech team now to investigate further. I’ll let you know here when there’s any update on that. 

Thanks @Bev @25 quid for confirming, too and to @25 quid for providing a workaround in the meantime. :thumbsup:

I’ve also edited the title of the post so that it reflects the bug you’ve found - that may help anyone who’s searching for a similar issue. :relaxed:

Badge +5

What has happened to the updated App?

When you try to view previous months on the Energy Usage page, nothing happens. It will only show the current month, even though the arrow tabs to move forwards/backwards are still there. 

Also, when you go to the graphical display, further down the same page, it shows your Combined usage. There are additional tabs to show Electricity and Gas separately, but neither of these work either.

The new app might look bright and shiny, but it’s usability is woeful.

Mine appears to be working OK.

Don’t update @G4RHL or it might break.

Badge +5

I updated 5 days ago. Running 9.2.11 which appears to be the latest.

I’ve just tried this bit out on my own app, and it appears to be working OK. I was wondering if this is proving to be an issue for anyone else/ @drw1967 if it’s still persisting for you? 

That’d be really helpful for our Tech team, to be able to narrow the issue down. :pray:

Thanks!  

Still doesn’t work for me. The < and > buttons and the Sep 2021 button doesn’t do anything except make the phone vibrate slightly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, just not working for me either still.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I've just tried this, Have you tried clicking on the three lines along side the month, it opens up a comparison of monthly or yearly usage depending on which is selected, in easy to compare numbers not a graph

Badge +5

I have checked again this morning and mine is still working OK (using IOS). It still dos not list all my usage for 2019 (about 12,000 kWhs short) but that is fault in the system, noting to do with the reported bug here, I am told they are trying to resolve. Last I heard on that was the end of last month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I've just tried this, Have you tried clicking on the three lines along side the month, it opens up a comparison of monthly or yearly usage depending on which is selected, in easy to compare numbers not a graph

Yes the three lines works fine for me Duppy, just the arrows to view each month swiftly, do nothing. 

Yes, but I can’t escape to months in an earlier year.

And why does it scroll back to the top when I use that control? (I think I posted this bug elsewhere, but can’t find it) 

Badge +5

I don’t think it is set up to open months in previous years. Just the full year. Not a problem as I have the records on a separate spreadsheet. Many though would find it much better if they could compare one month one year to a previous year in the app instead of setting up a spreadsheet.

What is annoying is the blasted message splashing across the screen on some pages when you open them and it does not go unless you tell it to. So unnecessary in what is meant to be a functional app for a user. This morning I got some stuff about saving the planet. Right across where I really want to go. Next they will be sticking advertisements in the way! I wish, only wish these sort of things would be kept simple and functional as they ought to be. That seems to be  impossible for some programmers, they just don’t realise in their enthusiasm to produce what they think is good but worsen it en route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can compare previous month/ years, admittedly it involves changing the page year, but I can see 

Badge +5

@Duppy I can’t seem to do that. Monthly figures other than for this year don’t appear.a

You’re special @Duppy — that’s what’s some of us can’t do… 

I’m iOS 14.7.1, iPhone 12 Pro, PP app V9.2.11.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re special @Duppy — that’s what’s some of us can’t do… 

I’m iOS 14.7.1, iPhone 12 Pro, PP app V9.2.11.

I thought you were the special one @25 quid 

Hi everyone 

Just to say the Tech team believe they’ve found a fix - likely to be implemented on Monday (20th). :slight_smile:

Hello :grinning:

Just wanted to let you know this has now been fixed, so the arrows at the top of the usage page should be working as normal now. I’ve just checked my own account and all looks good. :thumbsup:

Of course, let me know if you encounter an issue. 

Thanks again @drw1967 for flagging this with us. :slight_smile:

Yup, looks good @Mads. Hope some of that page’s usability issues are still on the list. 😉