App bug?

• 2 September 2019
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
When I use the PP app on my iPad mini I often turn it on its side to view pages in landscape format. Whenever I'm finished and press 'Done' the app tries to go back to the launch, or home, page, but the planets play peek-a-boo and don't fully reveal themselves.

Turning the iPad back the 'right way up' does not resolve the issue and I have to terminate the app and re-launch it to fix the display.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Oak
​I've already pointed out several times that the resolution and scaling is broken in all of the iterations, both online and app but is anyone listening?
Oakbank;36684:
When I use the PP app on my iPad mini I often turn it on its side to view pages in landscape format. Whenever I'm finished and press 'Done' the app tries to go back to the launch, or home, page, but the planets play peek-a-boo and don't fully reveal themselves.

Turning the iPad back the 'right way up' does not resolve the issue and I have to terminate the app and re-launch it to fix the display.
Oakbank;36684:
When I use the PP app on my iPad mini I often turn it on its side to view pages in landscape format. Whenever I'm finished and press 'Done' the app tries to go back to the launch, or home, page, but the planets play peek-a-boo and don't fully reveal themselves. Turning the iPad back the 'right way up' does not resolve the issue and I have to terminate the app and re-launch it to fix the display.

Hey @Oakbank
Thanks for flagging this.
I'm going to pass this on to our tech team. Could you let me know what model of iPad mini it is, and also the version of the iOS it's running?
We'll need that info to replicate this bug and fix it 🆙
Hi @Oakbank
Just to let you know we've got an new version of app out today. Details here.
This update includes a fix for the iPad 'trimming' bug.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Marc

A bit late I know, but I have an iPad mini with Wi-fi & mobile data, version 12.4.1 software.

​Andy
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Have your balls shrunk Oakley? Asking cos I too have iPad mini and since update mine are tiny!
Bev;37745:
Have your balls shrunk Oakley? Asking cos I too have iPad mini and since update mine are tiny!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Not sure if this needs it's own thread, when I edit a quoted post or edit my own post, the cursor has a mind of its own. Instead of being down with the text, it's up in the Source, Font, Size, ribbon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yep same with DMs our Gwnd
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
you're lucky, it's nowhere to be seen on mine! I thought it was my glasses...
Bev;44017:
Yep same with DMs our Gwnd
Hey @Gwyndy @Bev @woz
Yep, our tech team are on this one, like a rash (? is that the right expression? Who knows!)
Anyway, the magical mysterious disappearing cursor is due to be fixed in a release on Monday 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;44036:
Hey @Gwyndy @Bev @woz
Yep, our tech team are on this one, like a rash (? is that the right expression? Who knows!)
Anyway, the magical mysterious disappearing cursor is due to be fixed in a release on Monday 👍

​​​​​​​Or is it "all over it like a rash" 😉
David j;44038:
​​​​​​​Or is it "all over it like a rash" 😉

That's the one! Thanks @David j
And my mistake - the fix for the wandering cursor is actually happening on Wednesday 11th Dec (not Monday).
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Perfect 👍👍👍👏👏👏
Hi everyone

We've released a small community platform update today.
Here's what's new:
​​​​​​​
- New live @ mentions so when typing the @ symbol followed by a community user name the text editor will auto-populate the field as you type
- Improved mobile navigation
- New notifications (of messages, replies, likes) now appears at top of the hamburger menu on mobile

​​​​​​​The emoji button has also now been removed from the text editor on mobile 👍
And coming soon - hopefully in the next week - we've got some fixes for bugs flagged here, includuding the disappearing cursor flagged here.
Hi @Gwyndy @David j @woz @Bev
There was a release two days ago to fix the wandering cursor bug.
Should be sorted now 👍