Android app should not "reset" meter reading values when switching between apps

• 21 November 2020
  • 12 replies

It's super frustrating when I take pictures of my meters, go to the pure Planet app, open up "give reading". Switch app to photos to read the picture, return to pure Planet, fill in the reading, hit next for gas. Switch back to photos, get the number, and then return to pure Planet... to find the form reset and I need to do electricity again. 

Why can't the app remember state for 10 seconds after I've changed to some other app?!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Matt1111 If you think that’s bad you should try the Santander app, as soon as you switch to another focus it logs you out...so frustrating…

In the interim until it’s never fixed there’s paper and pencil…

@Nataly  should this  be in feedback or ideas or both?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This happens on sooooo many apps. Damn frustrating, but I just use pen and paper now

I don’t see that problem on iOS. I can leave the app and come back to where I left off. 🤔

@Bev what device do you have?

@woz, some banking apps have a setting to choose how long before you’re logged off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Only does it on the iPad our 25 notes as iOS not up to date, but that’s the device my PP app is on, so ...

Hey @Matt1111 

Thanks for the feedback! 

Just to let you know, I’ve moved this to our testing and feedback section :thumbsup:

This is some really good feedback, to help us look into it it’d be really helpful to know what device and software you’re running too? 

Thanks @Nataly

I'm in a OnePlus 6, running the latest oxygen is 10.3.6 (this is Android 10)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t see that problem on iOS. I can leave the app and come back to where I left off. 🤔

@Bev what device do you have?

@woz, some banking apps have a setting to choose how long before you’re logged off.

@25 quid thanks yes but not Santander, it’s infuriating. You can change focus with most other banking apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@woz , if you are using the Santander app, you can set the auto log off time for up to 5 min by clicking on the three dots (more), settings, auto log off

Thanks @Nataly

I'm in a OnePlus 6, running the latest oxygen is 10.3.6 (this is Android 10)

Thank you! I’ve passed this info on to our Tech team to look into:slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@woz , if you are using the Santander app, you can set the auto log off time for up to 5 min by clicking on the three dots (more), settings, auto log off

@Duppy I’ll dm you as this is going off piste...it’s not an option on mine, (ios)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

grrrr...

that’s blatant discrimination if you ask me...

subtle...

Hey @Matt1111 

I just wanted to give you the latest update from our Tech team :slight_smile:

They think they’ve identified that something in the background is crashing and causing this to happen, instead of remembering your readings when you go back to finish entering them - it’s being looked into to identify a fix :thumbsup: