Solved

Adding media no longer works, why?

• 9 September 2020
  • 10 replies

I noticed I can’t embed Vimeo either. It used to work.

I spotted that @Nataly swapped the recent EV interview from an embed to a link. So I guess you guys know about this...

icon

Best answer by Nataly 9 September 2020, 10:48

Hey @25 quid 

Hmm that is odd - we’ll look into this now and let you know:thumbsup:

As far as I can see the EV videos are still YouTube embeds? Is that not how it’s displaying for you? 

Screenshot of youtube embed

@25 quid have you accepted Cookies settings? They need to be enabled to attach media embeds, like this… :smiley:

View original

10 replies

Hey @25 quid 

Hmm that is odd - we’ll look into this now and let you know:thumbsup:

As far as I can see the EV videos are still YouTube embeds? Is that not how it’s displaying for you? 

Screenshot of youtube embed

@25 quid have you accepted Cookies settings? They need to be enabled to attach media embeds, like this… :smiley:

Fixed. It was the Cookie message at the bottom of the screen. I hadn’t hit it today it seems…

It seems the display of embeds require cookies too. That’s harsh!

cookies accepted on the right

@25 quid great that’s sorted the issue! And very much enjoying the chosen song there :smiley:

Thanks for flagging that cookies need to be accepted to be able to view videos too - that’s helpful to know! :raised_hands:

By the way, does your cute dog (video) have six legs!? Or extra ears?

Just a thought, is it easy/possible to change the message in that alert to something more enlightening? 

The provided domain is not supported doesn’t give much away...

By the way, does your cute dog (video) have six legs!? Or extra ears?

Just a thought, is it easy/possible to change the message in that alert to something more enlightening? 

The provided domain is not supported doesn’t give much away...

We can certainly take a look at editing the alert - we’ll take a look. Though it also does apply if someone tries to attach a URL that isn’t supported. 

Maybe something along the lines of 
“Please enable Cookies to use this feature, and make sure it’s a *insert supported types here* link”?  

Or “Please make sure to accept cookies and that it’s a *insert supported types here* link”, as you have to have clicked the Accept button too.

Getting long and tortuous though 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Marc 

what criteria determine whether a url is unsupported?

@Marc

what criteria determine whether a url is unsupported?

Hey @woz We’re talking media embeds (so as noted above, the language isn’t v precise) such as YouTube and Video and Twitter

Types we can use are whitelisted. Bascially ones which are mainstream, popular, not weird. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

thanks marc.