FAQ

Joining Pure Planet

• 30 June 2020
  • 0 replies

Once you’ve got your quote, entered your details and verified your email address, we’ll start your switch. Welcome to Pure Planet! 

Make sure to verify your email address!

Note: when switching to Pure Planet, either directly or using a price comparison website, you must verify your email address for us to be able to start your switch!

When you click ‘verify your email address’ you’ll be shown a summary of your switch details, including your Direct Debit payments and contract details. Tap ‘confirm’ - then we’ll start your switch! Welcome to Pure Planet. 

‘Confirm’ to start your switch to Pure Planet

We’ll send you a welcome pack by email confirming we’ve started your switch. This includes the date you’ll come on supply, your Direct Debit details, your tariff information as well as our Terms and Conditions.

It takes 17 days for us to switch your supply. We’ll stay in touch at every stage of the process, and keep you informed of your switch’s progress. 

We handle the entire switching process for you - there’s no need to contact your previous supplier, and no need for an engineer to visit the property. The lights will stay on. 

Need to cancel?

There’s a 14 day cooling-off period from the day you start your switch. During this period, if you need to, you can tap ‘cancel switch’ in your account without incurring any exit fees. 

We’ll contact you to confirm we've received your cancellation request, and again when your switch has been cancelled. If we can't cancel your switch (because you're outside your cooling-off period) we'll let you know.

How do I know how far into the switch I am?

During the switch your Pure Planet account will show a countdown to your switch date.

Counting down to your switch

And just before your supply is due to switch we’ll email to ask for your opening meter reading. We’ll also ask for a photo of your meter - we’ll only ask for a photo for your first reading.

Why do you want a photo of my meter? Click below to learn more!

The energy industry is highly regulated — and rightly so — to protect consumers, suppliers and other industry bodies. One of those regulations is what happens to your opening meter reading, whenever you switch energy suppliers.

As soon as we receive your opening reading we send it away to a go through an independent validation process, regulated by Ofgem. Your readings are checked against your previous readings, then sent back to us and on to your old supplier. Both suppliers have to use the readings provided, so you won't pay for the same energy usage twice.

Sometimes, opening readings fail the validation process. In this case, the validation process will estimate a reading, then send that back to us and on to your old supplier.

Both suppliers have to use this estimated reading, by the terms of our energy licence. If the estimated reading is largely different to the opening reading you provided, we can raise a ‘reading dispute’ for you, to ask for it to be changed to the reading you supplied. 

Having photos of your opening readings is very important in the case of a reading dispute for your account, as we can provide the photo as proof of your correct opening reading.

When will you collect my first Direct Debit?

We’ll collect your first monthly Direct Debit on the same day we start supplying your energy. 

We buy your energy in advance, based on our forecast of what you'll need. This helps us to buy energy as cheaply as possible, and is the reason we take your Direct Debit before each statement has been produced.

Received an ‘ACTION’ email from Pure Planet?

During your switch we may need to contact you for additional information, or just to let you know how your switch is progressing. 

Look out for any emails with subject line ‘ACTION’ - that means some further action is required, such as providing a reading or checking some details about your meter. You can reply to these emails directly. 

If you notice your countdown is no longer showing on your account, check your inbox for any ‘ACTION’ emails from us. We may need a bit more information to finish your switch. 

Example ‘ACTION’ email

My switch has been blocked - what do I do?

If your current energy supplier is blocking your switch to us, we’ll cancel your switch and send you an email to let you know.
Since they’re unable to tell us the reason for the block, we recommend you contact them as soon as possible to find out what’s going on.
Once you’ve resolved the problem with your current supplier, you can get a new quote and start a new switch to Pure Planet.

This topic has been closed for comments