Solved

Why is Pure Planet not using my smart meter readings?

• 26 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I switched to Pure Planet in September. My house has smart meters which were sending daily readings to my previous supplier, and I could view them on my account. I submitted a manual first reading to PP, which is understandable. But for October and now November PP is asking for manual readings. If I submit early , an estimate is calculated. This is stupid. Why are PP not collecting my meter readings for my bills?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 26 November 2020, 10:06

Hi @Rutham56 

‘Smart Meters’ as I would have hoped the ‘suggestions’ made by the forum software when you started asking your question indicated, are a complicated subject.

Not all ‘Smart Meters’ are created equal, which may be why Pure Planet aren’t using your readings.

So, before we can even really start to answer your questions, there’s the ‘what kind of Smart Meter do you have?’ issue:

In order of least to most awkward:

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 2 (SMETS2) meters - should transfer data to Pure Planet automatically once the Data Communications Company (DCC) has transferred it at the back end. Even then Pure Planet may request readings for the first few months, just in case there are any issues.

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 1 (SMETS1) meters post ‘over the air upgrade’ - should transfer data to Pure Planet automatically once the Data Communications Company (DCC) has transferred it at the back end. Even then Pure Planet may request readings for the first few months, just in case there are any issues.

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 1 (SMETS1) meters pre ‘over the air upgrade’ - will not transfer data to Pure Planet until it’s had the over the air upgrade.

Whichever specification your meter meets, once you change from the installing supplier, you will lose some functionality

Do you know which specification your Smart Meter is?

View original

2 replies

Hi @Rutham56 

‘Smart Meters’ as I would have hoped the ‘suggestions’ made by the forum software when you started asking your question indicated, are a complicated subject.

Not all ‘Smart Meters’ are created equal, which may be why Pure Planet aren’t using your readings.

So, before we can even really start to answer your questions, there’s the ‘what kind of Smart Meter do you have?’ issue:

In order of least to most awkward:

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 2 (SMETS2) meters - should transfer data to Pure Planet automatically once the Data Communications Company (DCC) has transferred it at the back end. Even then Pure Planet may request readings for the first few months, just in case there are any issues.

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 1 (SMETS1) meters post ‘over the air upgrade’ - should transfer data to Pure Planet automatically once the Data Communications Company (DCC) has transferred it at the back end. Even then Pure Planet may request readings for the first few months, just in case there are any issues.

Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications 1 (SMETS1) meters pre ‘over the air upgrade’ - will not transfer data to Pure Planet until it’s had the over the air upgrade.

Whichever specification your meter meets, once you change from the installing supplier, you will lose some functionality

Do you know which specification your Smart Meter is?

Hey @Rutham56, welcome to the Community! 

Looks like you received a fantastic in-depth reply from @Gwyndy :relaxed:

You may also find this FAQ helpful, about why we may ask for your readings even though you have smart meters :thumbsup: