Solved

when will a new meter be fitted?

I've been with PP for some time now and still have my defunct smart meter from a few years ago. When will the latest meter be fitted? Iim fed up with trying to squeeze in the cupboard under the stairs

icon

Best answer by Duppy 8 May 2021, 16:13

@Vickster 

Depending on the make and model of your existing smart meter, you may not get a new one. in an effort to reduce waste, existing smart meters are being updated to work with all suppliers, but as the updates are carried out by the DCC, it is out of PP's control.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Vickster 

Depending on the make and model of your existing smart meter, you may not get a new one. in an effort to reduce waste, existing smart meters are being updated to work with all suppliers, but as the updates are carried out by the DCC, it is out of PP's control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've been with PP for some time now and still have my defunct smart meter from a few years ago. When will the latest meter be fitted? Iim fed up with trying to squeeze in the cupboard under the stairs

Hey there Vickster,

I stand to be corrected by other members, but I believe the following may be still the case and bearing in mind how Covid as affected stuff. 

Work to connect SMETS1 meters to the SMETS2 network (to make them ‘smart’ again, even if you switch supplier) began in 2020. This is being coordinated by an Ofgem-regulated body called the Data and Communications Company (DCC). They’re currently advising the deadline of this work to be end of May 2021.

I think I would be right in saying that PP and most energy suppliers will not be replacing SMETS1 meters as at some point there will be software upgrades to make them smart again. However you may want to investigate if your smart meter is upgradable as I believe some are not. Listen out from other members and advise what your smart meter you have for some member feed back. 

Alternatively contact PP via wattBot, first type “Message the Team” followed by your concerns and account handler will respond in a couple of days during business hours where you posted.

Theres more information on smart meters if click on the various smart links. But If you don't fancy that then just wait for fellow members responses….

All the best

NB: there you go whilst I was waffling away…..Duppy provide a more succinct response.