Solved

want a smart meter installed

Why is taking so long smart meter if don’t get one soon we leaving 

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 14 July 2021, 19:30

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

PP are rolling out smart meters region by region. When the Installers , Magnum, are in your area you will be contacted.

Heres a link which may help you:
https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/can-i-have-a-smart-meter-10328

View original

14 replies

We been waiting over year now don’t get one soon we leaving 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

PP are rolling out smart meters region by region. When the Installers , Magnum, are in your area you will be contacted.

Heres a link which may help you:
https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/can-i-have-a-smart-meter-10328

Is that a SMETS2 meter you’re hoping for @Gem123? Does this help?

Or maybe other Smart Meter articles?

https://community.purepla.net/search?q=smets2&source%5B0%5D=knowledge_base

Feel free to tell us more about what you are waiting for...

Hey @Gem123 

Just to let you know, I’ve merged your posts together so they’re in one place. Having duplicate posts across the Community can get a bit confusing! I’ve also edited the title of your post slightly so it reflects your question. :relaxed:

@Angelabikerbabe and @25 quid have provided some useful info for you, I hope it helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gem123 

May I ask, why need one so urgently?  (Do have Electric Vehicle?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gem123

What's the rush @Gem123 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Gem123

What's the rush @Gem123 ?

Yeah, why the rush? 

I like this new probability tangent

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I like this new probability tangent

🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😊😊

Hi @Gem123 

I’m not quite sure what you hope to gain by this post, beyond complaining about how long your Smart Meter’s taking to arrive.

We in the community have no idea who you are.

There’s no guarantee that if you move to another supplier, you won’t be in a worse position, as you’ll have to join their ‘queue’ for meter installations in your area.

And as you may see from a number of posts on this forum, unless you have an EV or Solar Panels, ‘Smart Meters’ (even SMETS2 ones) can cause more problems than they solve.

That being said, the decision is ultimately yours to make, and should you leave, I hope you have more success with your new supplier.

Regards​​​​​​​

Gwyndy

Hi we email try ringing over last 18 months no lucky I’m sorry may be was easy to talk to you I would not have do this like we been waiting 18 months now if don’t come soon then look move where Guaranteed

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi we email try ringing over last 18 months no lucky I’m sorry may be was easy to talk to you I would not have do this like we been waiting 18 months now if don’t come soon then look move where Guaranteed

@Gem123 

You haven't really answered why you are in such a hurry to have smart meters installed, of course you don't have to share, but unless PV or EV involved, are you under the impression that a smart meter will save you money, it won't, it ( when it works ) will inform you of your consumption, but you have to act on the information it gives you, and turn things off if you want to save

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Gem123 

I agree 18 months is unreasonable (you’re talking to fellow community members) 

May I ask, do you have difficulty reading your meter or is there some other reason it’s become important for you to have one?

Use wattbot which is customer services (help>ask a Q) to send a message to customer services, persist through bot replies until it says your message has been sent (start with message the team). Explain that you’ve been waiting 18 months and it still hasn’t happened. 

I will say that unless there is an overriding reason why you need one,  (and the only reason I can think of is if the supplier offers a time of day tariff which PP don’t yet do) it seems odd that you should threaten to leave to get one, which is why you’ve had the response you have had. The community is sympathetic to the fact that you’ve been waiting an unreasonably long time.

If you already have a older 1st gen smart meter it won’t be replaced (unless it’s an original “pre smart “smart”” BG model), you’ll need to wait for an automatic over the air upgrade timing  not controlled by PP.