Solved

SMETS1 to SMETS2 meter replacement

• 22 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Magnum have contacted me to arrange fitting of SMETS2 meters. I currently have non-sending BG SMETS1 meters for both utilities and I questioned the agent as to whether they would swap the meters, as I believed the upgrade would be done by an OTA software update. I was assured they would replace the meters and an appointment has been arranged. 

Does this sound correct or will the engineer turn up and not replace the meters?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Duppy 22 July 2021, 09:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

As an update, Magnum did indeed replace both my meters to SMETS2  devices :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Duppy 

That’s good to know. A previous supplier💡 kept asking me to upgrade my meters but could never complete the appointment process as the SMETS1 meters were installed. 

Hopefully I’ll get the new ones and get back to automatic readings. 

Regards

As an update, Magnum did indeed replace both my meters to SMETS2  devices :thumbsup:

Good to hear @Jetsetuk 
Don’t forget to keep supplying readings manually until ‘SMART’ shows up on your statements - it’s not guaranteed Pure Planet will receive the data before your next statement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jetsetuk 

Without knowing the make of the meter, it's difficult to give advice, but in the early stages of the smart meter rollout, BG did fit meters that are not upgradable, PP and Magnum will know which meters you have, so it could be correct that the meters will be changed.