Solved

smets 2 smart meter

• 25 September 2020
  • 2 replies

What do I need to do to get a new smart meter fitted from Pure Planet please?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 25 September 2020, 12:41

Hi @CarolineW 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community, you should find most, if not all, of the information you need in the 'Smart Meters and IHDs, everything you need to know thread.

It appears from your other thread https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-17/i-have-a-smart-meter-do-i-still-have-to-send-meter-readings-11092 that you may already have a SMETS1 or SMETS2 meter.

To tell which you have, look at the meter serial number, if it starts:

19P - then its SMETS 1

19M - then its SMETS 2

If you have a SMETS2 meter, it will eventually send readings to Pure Planet, if you have a SMETS1 meter, they are due to receive ‘over the air upgrades’ more information on that is available in the if I switch suppliers will my smart meter still work thread.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

View original

2 replies

Hi @CarolineW 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community, you should find most, if not all, of the information you need in the 'Smart Meters and IHDs, everything you need to know thread.

It appears from your other thread https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-17/i-have-a-smart-meter-do-i-still-have-to-send-meter-readings-11092 that you may already have a SMETS1 or SMETS2 meter.

To tell which you have, look at the meter serial number, if it starts:

19P - then its SMETS 1

19M - then its SMETS 2

If you have a SMETS2 meter, it will eventually send readings to Pure Planet, if you have a SMETS1 meter, they are due to receive ‘over the air upgrades’ more information on that is available in the if I switch suppliers will my smart meter still work thread.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Hey @CarolineW 

Spot on from @Gwyndy - if you already have a smart meter, we wouldn’t replace this with another smart meter. 

First-generation smart meters started being upgraded to the second-generation (so, the newer smart meter) network this year - we wouldn’t want to create waste by changing meters that are about to become smart again! :slight_smile:

@Gwyndy’s provided helpful links about this which should help, too! 

Post back if you have anything else we can help with - you may want to check out our FAQ about getting your readings, for example?