Solved

smart metre still waiting for data

• 26 July 2021
  • 4 replies

My smart metre was installed over four weeks ago but display advises its still waiting for electricity data. I did register this  problem with PP via watbot and received a message to say someone would be in touch. No one has been in touch and I have no idea how to contact a real person at PP. I have now received an email from PP asking for my metre readings,  but I thought the point of a metre was so that readings would go direct to PP? Am very confused and frustrated - any advice welcome! 

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 26 July 2021, 23:05

Hi @CC1

The connection to your in home display and the meter is separate from that between the meter and PP. Go back to Wattbot to continue your conversation about the IHD not working. Use the phrase Message the Team if the bot is recalcitrant.

As this might be your first reading from the new meter, PP likes an initial manual reading to check all is well. Hopefully that will be the last one...

Fingers crossed.

View original

4 replies

Hi @CC1

The connection to your in home display and the meter is separate from that between the meter and PP. Go back to Wattbot to continue your conversation about the IHD not working. Use the phrase Message the Team if the bot is recalcitrant.

As this might be your first reading from the new meter, PP likes an initial manual reading to check all is well. Hopefully that will be the last one...

Fingers crossed.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @CC1

Fingers crossed.

Yup do what @25 quid has wrote the team should get back to you.

Hello @CC1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Some great advice here from @25 quid - IHD issues can sometimes take a little longer for the team to investigate and get back to you about. Your last WattBot message hopefully would’ve given a timescale for a reply - this usually depends on what the IHD issue is after the WattBot troubleshooting.

These may also be useful. 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge

This happens to alot of new installs for some reason.  As mentioned above contact Wattbot via app and message the team hopefully they will get the IHD working for you.  The good thing to remember is the IHD won't stop meter reads being sent to PP automatically.

Regards