Hot Topic

Smart meters with Pure Planet during Covid-19 lockdown restrictions

• 23 June 2020
  • 68 replies

Show first post

68 replies

Hi all

Due to tighter restrictions announced in Scotland last night, all non-emergency meter work, including SMETS2 appointments, will be cancelled from Saturday 16 January. This will last for six weeks to start with, pending more announcements on restrictions.

Magnum will be contacting all Members in Scotland affected by this. And, of course, they’ll re-arrange appointments when restrictions are lifted.

Hello. Can I register for a Smart Meter please? I’ve got solar panels, I don’t have any smart meter and I’ll need this ahead of your planned SEG offering in a few weeks time.

I can’t find anywhere in the forums to do this.

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Joggern 

Hey @Joggern 

@Duppy has helpfully linked to our FAQ about our smart meter rollout. Thanks @Duppy!

Since you’re looking at smart meters due to SEG payments, it may also be helpful to get in touch with our Member Services team to check this our further - you can use ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ to get in touch with them :slight_smile:

Thanks @Duppy and @Nataly  - I’d read all

those links and they just said you’d be in touch so was trying to find a “please register my interest” button. I’ll ping Member Services. Thank you & happy weekend!

Can someone tell me why Pure Planet are saying that I have a smart meter when I have not. My tariff keeps saying smart readings but this is untrue. I am getting very frustrated with not being able to get in touch with anybody.

Hi @Grandma23,

In the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days and correct the mistake.

Hi @Grandma23,

In the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days and correct the mistake.

Thank you 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Grandma23 

If you are sure that you do not have a smart meter, when you use Wattbot to contact the team, attach a photo of your meter, showing the serial number. It is possible that PP have the incorrect meter information

I have never had a smart meter and been here for 20 years. Ok will do thankyou

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have never had a smart meter and been here for 20 years. Ok will do thankyou

@Grandma23 

I wonder if the Smart Meter gremlins crept in at the dead of night and changed the meter while you weren’t looking..:robot:

(joking!)

Hahaha. If they did they have a lot to answer for !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍

I have just joined pp I'm missing looking at my in home display  smart meter it is now offline. When can I get a new one. Currebtly have the 1st gen smart meters fitted. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Kac 

Welcome to the community.

Pure Planet will not be renewing your SMETS1 meters unless they become faulty, they will eventually be upgraded by the DCC so that they will work with any supplier, although the upgrade program has been delayed/ extended.

You may find more information in this link depending on the make of your meters

Hi everyone,

During the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown restrictions we and our smart meter partners, Magnum Utilities, have been working to ensure that Members’ safety, and engineers’ safety, is the priority.

Due to ongoing Covid-19 related restrictions there’s going to be some small changes to the way we carry out smart meter (SMETS2) installations, and I wanted to give you all a bit more information here in the community.

Hey there, I’m desperate for a smart meter - any chance of getting onto this list for an upgrade? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@DWJ 

Pure Planet are fitting smart meters by region, and you will be contacted by their installers Magnum when they are in your area.