Solved

Smart meters

• 26 January 2018
  • 6 replies

About to switch.. Gas smart meter not working..blank screen. Electricity smart meter only showing KWh.
How do I give readings once switched (midnight today)?
icon

Best answer by eskimo 26 January 2018, 18:22

View original

6 replies

I would like to know same thing. My e.on smart meter had never worked properly
Userlevel 2

I've just seen this https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33

Good morning @Ardgroom and @Cookie R
Thanks for posting in the community. Did the reply from @eskimo help? If you follow the link it will take you to the knowledge hub which has some useful info about submitting smart meter readings. Hope it is working for you?

Hi,

Switched to PP today my smart meter is now not allowing wifi connectivity or anyway of reconnecting and it is just showing on the display as “waiting for data” on both electricity and gas. What do I need to do to get this fixed? I have attached photos of what I see

Hi,

Switched to PP today my smart meter is now not allowing wifi connectivity or anyway of reconnecting and it is just showing on the display as “waiting for data” on both electricity and gas. What do I need to do to get this fixed? I have attached photos of what I see

Hi @Superclarkey 

That’s not your ‘Smart Meter’ that’s your ‘In Home Display.’

Your ‘Smart Meter(s)’ should be in a box, or boxes (depending whether you have electric only, or gas and electric) mounted on a wall somewhere.

As a ‘very general rule’ the gas is outside (although I’ve had two in kitchen cupboards) and the electricity one is by your main fuse box.

If you have a ‘SMETS1’ Meter, it may not work when you switch to Pure Planet, ‘SMETS2’ meters normally take a few days to switch over.

Either way, your in-home display will stop functioning until the data has been transferred to Pure Planet, as British Gas will stop sending its data after the switchover.

There’s a very basic guide to reading Smart Meter displays here.

Hey thanks for that quick response so any idea on when the IHD will start to display correct figures once switched. Seems odd that I cannot track usage at present. Is it days, weeks, months until the IHD is right?