Solved

Smart meters

• 10 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Looks like my smart meter has something wrong with it, the smart meter was originally fitted by British gas, so was in place when I switched to pure planet. Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact to rectify this problem.
Thank you. Paul.
icon

Best answer by woz 11 September 2019, 23:53

hi ram
do you mean the in home display NOT the actual meter?
There are ihd issues and an update is expected but in meantime place it near meter and switch it off and on see if it connects
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Paul
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. But they are usually a helpful bunch!!

If you have a first generation SMETS 1 smart meter, when you switch you have to revert to reading the meter again - a nationwide problem, not specific to Pure Planet. There's hope that a fix may be made available soon to solve this problem.

I think SMETS 2 meters have the same problem right now - someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Stephen

Hope that helps
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi ramrader
Are you talking about the in home display or the actual meter.
ramrader;37287:
Looks like my smart meter has something wrong with it, the smart meter was originally fitted by British gas, so was in place when I switched to pure planet. Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact to rectify this problem.
Thank you. Paul.
The display on the smart meter. It hasn't budged from the 25p mark for 2 days and the gas isn't even moved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi ram
do you mean the in home display NOT the actual meter?
There are ihd issues and an update is expected but in meantime place it near meter and switch it off and on see if it connects
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Can you post a photo?
ramrader;37369:
The display on the smart meter. It hasn't budged from the 25p mark for 2 days and the gas isn't even moved.