smart meters

Userlevel 4

Just arranged to have both gas and electric meters changed the new smart meters. Plus get the free in house display. Problem is I know I'm going to be watching that in house usage display like a hawk... 🤣

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Keep us posted, Fieldy 👍

Userlevel 4

Will do Bev, got a feeling I'm going to have to dig the candles out to stop the display from moving lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@A.fielding 

Don't worry, the novelty soon wears off

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee, I’ve avoided having them installed so far. Be interesting to hear how it goes tho, and if they’re helpful 👍😉

Userlevel 4

I have also but thought why not, let's try it. saves me having to remember to submit readings and don't have to see the big spider hiding in the meter box anymore 😯

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ooooh I’m with you there, Fieldy, deffo! 😳🕸🕷

Also loathe getting the meter readings as communal corridor 🙄👎

Ooooh I’m with you there, Fieldy, deffo! 😳🕸🕷

Also loathe getting the meter readings as communal corridor 🙄👎

Fieldy! Love the turns of phrase our @Beverley :laughing:

Great news about the new smart meters @A.fielding They’re the future! (until SMETS3 come along…. joking!) 

Hey @A.fielding How’s those smart meters treating you? :slight_smile:

Userlevel 4

Haven't had them fitted yet. They are being fitted end of month.

Make sure you have a drawer with space for the IHD! You might look at it frequently initially but then realise it does not tell you much even when it works (they often don’t) and like many of us relegate it to a drawer or cupboard.

I have friends we visited two years ago. Their IHD was in their utility room. I asked how often they look at it. “Never” was the reply. I suggested they put it away but they had not until then as they had been lead to believe it had to be plugged in on order for the Smart Meters to work!

That’s not my experience @G4RHL I look at my IHD all the time.

So, you know, people have different views on these, and we don’t all stick them in the kitchen drawer.

Haven't had them fitted yet. They are being fitted end of month.

Ah righto @A.fielding I’m excited for you, clearly! :laughing:

That’s not my experience @G4RHL I look at my IHD all the time.

So, you know, people have different views on these, and we don’t all stick them in the kitchen drawer.

Interesting. Perhaps we should run a poll of sorts to see what people use the IHD for?

It would be of greater advantage if the readings on the smart meters displayed on the IHD, with the IHD keeping logs etc. Or even being picked up by the app. But then I can see the complaints hurtling in here from those whose IHDs are not connecting! There seem to be quite a few.