Solved

smart meter tariff different to account tariff

• 19 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - my smart meter says my ‘credit tariff’ is 13.65 with a standing charge of 25.8. But according to my Pure Planet account the tariff is 14.66; the daily charge works out at 8 * 12 / 365.25 = 26.3.

I can perhaps understand a slight discrepancy in the daily charge depending on how it’s calculated, but not the tariff; can anyone explain?

(This is electricity only, 100% Green Variable.)

Cheers

John

icon

Best answer by Duppy 19 November 2020, 14:29

Hi all, the amounts shown on the IHD and in your account should include Vat @5%.

Looking at the tariff rate chart 14.66p is the rate for the Southern area, there are no rates at 13.65p. It is possible that the IHD wasn't updated with the latest price change in October.

Remember it's the rates shown on your statement that counts, the IHD is only a guide

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

This is probably the VAT difference. One includes 5% vat, the other doesn't? 

Userlevel 1

Ha - you learn something new every day, I didn’t know VAT on energy was 5%. Thanks Angela.

Still not quite right though - 13.65 * 1.05 = 14.33, not 14.66; I would expect them to be exactly the same (or a lot closer than that anyway).

Userlevel 1

Can anyone else with a smart meter confirm whether the tariff it shows matches their PP figure (after taking VAT into account), exactly, or not? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi all, the amounts shown on the IHD and in your account should include Vat @5%.

Looking at the tariff rate chart 14.66p is the rate for the Southern area, there are no rates at 13.65p. It is possible that the IHD wasn't updated with the latest price change in October.

Remember it's the rates shown on your statement that counts, the IHD is only a guide

Userlevel 1

Thanks Duppy, that makes sense. Sounds like it wouldn’t do any harm to contact PP, don’t know if they can fix it or whether it’s someone else who needs to pull their finger out. I did try Watbot earlier and was told someone would reply within 3 working days (after managing to phrase it in such a way so as to avoid just getting an automated answer to a question I hadn’t asked with no option to follow up).

I appreciate that it’s the PP figure which determines how much I pay; just curious really.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi - my smart meter says my ‘credit tariff’ is 13.65 with a standing charge of 25.8. But according to my Pure Planet account the tariff is 14.66; the daily charge works out at 8 * 12 / 365.25 = 26.3.

I can perhaps understand a slight discrepancy in the daily charge depending on how it’s calculated, but not the tariff; can anyone explain?

(This is electricity only, 100% Green Variable.)

Cheers

John

@johnm123 This doesn’t make sense, the only 14.66 rate I can find is on the variable tariff for Southern, may  ask what area you are and what month you started your tariff, it could be any of several fixed monthly  tariffs.

Midlands Sept fix tariff is 14.657, is it that one? 

Userlevel 1

Hi woz - I’m in west Wiltshire, so when Duppy suggested it was the Southern tariff yesterday I thought that sounded right. Started in August.

Userlevel 1

“Your IHD is still showing the unit rate from when you first came on supply with us. I’ve spoken to our Operations Team who have refreshed your device for you.”

Now showing correct value.