Solved

Smart meter still waiting

• 30 June 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi

Does anyone know how you go about communicating that you would like a smart meter ?
I have tried leaving messages on various posts on this forum for over a year now but still no luck.
Also is the smart meter option available for gas as well as electricity?

Many thanks

Poly
icon

Best answer by Gray4276 30 June 2019, 22:00

Hi poly,

Please see the details below:

I didn’t put my name down to be part of the pilot, but I’d like a smart meter. What do I do?
Once the pilot installs are done, we’ll be working on installing smart meters for all our Members who want one. Go to our website to register your interest.

Hope this helps.......However, as this is your first post to the Community Forum for PP customers, are you sure that you were successful when trying to post into other threads ?

​Good luck with registering your interest for Smart Meter installation.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi poly.
The installs of smart meters is in the early stages but it is a slow process, depending on where you live will determine how long it takes but will be this year. (Hopefully).
Hi poly,

Please see the details below:

I didn’t put my name down to be part of the pilot, but I’d like a smart meter. What do I do?
Once the pilot installs are done, we’ll be working on installing smart meters for all our Members who want one. Go to our website to register your interest.

Hope this helps.......However, as this is your first post to the Community Forum for PP customers, are you sure that you were successful when trying to post into other threads ?

​Good luck with registering your interest for Smart Meter installation.

Hi,
I have registered several times and only received a standard email confirmation of my interest!
There is no date when it will happen or what's next! So,patience is necessary.
Ok thank you

So I guess I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed something will happen this year!

I have registered my interest but no response as yet ....

Vanitarium;32420:
Hi,
I have registered several times and only received a standard email confirmation of my interest!
There is no date when it will happen or what's next! So,patience is necessary.
Coming up to four months since my original post and still waiting for a smart meter install date.
Has anyone actually had an install of one of these elusive devices ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Poly

​many have, but there are teething problems, unless there's some urgency I wouldn't stress.
Does you app /login have a little moon asking to register your interest for a SM?
Poly;39868:
Coming up to four months since my original post and still waiting for a smart meter install date.
Has anyone actually had an install of one of these elusive devices ?
Any update on meter installation post virus ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Poly on this lovely sunny day.

If you look at the top of your screen there is a Smart Meter Menu with the latest posts and information.
Wthin those posts theres links to all the stuff available via other posts or the FaQ's
Re https://community.purepla.net/threads/9771-Smart-meters-update-latest-on-monthly-meter-reading-reminders
Might not answer what you need now, but keep looking as things change...

Why not contact PP's HQ direct via wattBot and ask the same.
I guess its gonna be a while after lock down is lifted.

• Proceed to wattBot - and first type "Message the Team"
  • Response within a day or 2
  • PP will respond and if you have not looked back at wattBot you will get a text to do so for there response

Sorry for waffling - Cheers

​​​​​​​