Solved

Smart Meter required

• 29 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello,

Our landlord is not allowing us to have a smart meter. Do pure planet require you to have one installed?

icon

Best answer by TonyHoyle 29 September 2020, 23:54

You don’t need a smart meter, you can just provide readings every month.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

You don’t need a smart meter, you can just provide readings every month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @finonahardie 

No you are not obliged to  have one at all.

If you can read your meter from time to time preferably once a month when you get the reminder all will be fine (no big deal if you miss the odd reading).

Spot on reply @TonyHoyle thank you for helping out a fellow community member!

Welcome aboard @finonahardie :slight_smile:

I have moved address and I have currently a pay as you go meter. Looking at google images it is a smets1. Will this be okay with doing my electricity switch to your company? I am unclear when reading in terms and conditions. Please see picture below of what I have. 

I have moved address and I have currently a pay as you go meter. Looking at google images it is a smets1. Will this be okay with doing my electricity switch to your company? I am unclear when reading in terms and conditions. Please see picture below of what I have. 

Hi @Baggio 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

As it’s a SMETS1 meter, your current provider will probably need to change the meter settings from Pay as You Go (by which I assume you mean ‘Pre-Payment’) to ‘Credit Mode’ as Pure Planet don't currently support Pre-Payment meters.

Once you have joined Pure Planet, you will have probably have to supply readings yourself -some, but not all, SMETS1 meters have been made SMETS2 compliant, there’s a breakdown of the expected dates for SMETS1 meter over the air updates here, however it has been delayed by CoVid-19.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Welcome to the community @Baggio 

You were a wonderful footballer, especially in the ‘94 World Cup :wink:

Anyway, that’s spot on from @Gwyndy - you’ll need to ask your current supplier to switch it to credit mode.