Solved

Smart Meter Readings

• 26 November 2018
  • 12 replies

I have an eon smart meter and know that my electricity reading and possibly gas reading is incorrect. What are my options?
icon

Best answer by Gil 27 November 2018, 20:42

Pam62;17792:
I have an eon smart meter and know that my electricity reading and possibly gas reading is incorrect. What are my options?

Hi Pam and welcome. I'm not sure what you mean, can you expand? If you have sent Pure the wrong readings, just submit them again in the app after waiting 24 hours?

When moving to Pure, the smart meters will go "dumb", but will still be accurate, it just means you have to manually read them each month, see here....https://community.purepla.net/content/241-how-to-read-your-smart-meter#tkb_start
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Pam62;17792:

Hi Pam and welcome. I'm not sure what you mean, can you expand? If you have sent Pure the wrong readings, just submit them again in the app after waiting 24 hours?

When moving to Pure, the smart meters will go "dumb", but will still be accurate, it just means you have to manually read them each month, see here....https://community.purepla.net/content/241-how-to-read-your-smart-meter#tkb_start
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Dump????!!!!!!! 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Hilarious Gil! Did you mean dumb? 😂😂😂
Userlevel 6
Bev;17984:
Dump????!!!!!!! ������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������Hilarious Gil! Did you mean dumb? ������������������

Might have done LOL 🆒
Hi I supplied accurate readings when I switched and in the latest reading on 25/11/2018. When I switched I provided Pureplanet with a photograph of my actual reading,as requested. The electricity reading is not correct, when I raised this with EON, they confirmed this was not a true reading and provided an estimated reading for my final bill based on a reflective reading on past useage. They refused to send somebody out to read, check and fix my smart meter although they accepted this was inaccurate. Even though I raised a complaint they stated that as I had started the switching process Pureplanet would need to.resolve this. I notice that although I provided an actual photographic reading, Pureplanet have used an estimated reading. What happens next? I know my electricity reading is completely wrong
Userlevel 6
@Pam62, what a mess! You really need to contact Pure through wattbot by entering "message the team" to explain what is happening so they can take the necessary action to get this resolved. So your concern is that the meter is not recording your usage correctly, or that wrong values were entered during the process of submitting readings. Sorry if I am missing the point here.
Hi @Pam62
Welcome to the community!
How much difference is there between your actual reading and the estimate that's come back?

When you switch suppliers, the opening readings you submit go through some regulatory checks before they can be used by either supplier.
We send your reading and sometimes a different estimate is returned to both suppliers to use instead.
Neither supplier is responsible for calculating this estimate. But it does mean that we’ll both use the same reading to close your old account, and open your new account. So don’t worry about paying twice for your energy!
If you sent your meter photo with your opening readings we can re-submit the reading you originally sent us. Our team can raise a dispute on your behalf - contact them via WattBot in your app.
You won't receive any statements until the reading has been corrected. We’ll agree the reading with your old supplier, to ensure we’re both using the same reading for the switch. Reading disputes can take up to 12 weeks to resolve.
We’ll send a revised statement out as soon as the dispute is resolved. Please carry on sending us meter readings every month as usual. This will help us to send an accurate statement.
The difference between the meter reading I submitted and the estimate was 5776 kwh.
Userlevel 6
Pam62;18141:
The difference between the meter reading I submitted and the estimate was 5776 kwh.

Blimey at +£700 that needs a closer look with PP, that's more than just an estimated difference!? 😞
Yes
Pam62;18141:

Hi @Pam62
In that case the advice from @Gil is the best course of action - to message our Member services team.
They'll sort it for you 🆙
Marc hi. I change suppliers when necessary. I have in the past experienced overlapping first/last meter readings meaning I was paying both companies for the same fuel. This was a couple of years or so ago. It was eventually resolved but took 2 or 3 months.
I also think there is confusion about the meter going dumb. It doesn't go dumb it just stops communicating with the company that installed it (unless using identical meters tho not sure about this) The meter continues to monitor consumption as per the old meters. I believe there is confusion with the smart display unit and the meter itself. My wifi smart display continues to function for everything except price and cost which are both set to zero.I can still read the meter remotely and accurately from the smart display as well as all other functions. It's a pity the remote unit can't be manually updated with unit cost as they change. Sorry only part of this is relative to the original statements and questions.
Thanks for those interesting comments @JAR
Agree that the in home displays cause a lot of the confusion.
SMETS2 will solve this 🆙