Solved

Smart Meter Not Working

• 17 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I had a smart meter fitted last week. It worked fine for a few days, but on Sunday I had a power cut. Since then the IHD unit does not connect to the meter so nothing is displayed on screen. The IHD is within 2 meters of the electricity meter and is in the same room.

I’ve tried to rest the IHD by switching it of for around  5minutes but it still doesn’t connect.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 18 November 2020, 11:10

Hey @joncuthbert 

If you type ‘IHD problem’ into WattBot, he should then collect more info about what the IHD problem is, and pass this on to our Smart team to look into. It’s worth noting it’s not a live chat service - the team will get back to you by email to let you know what’s been done to try and get your IHD communicating again. 

I’d definitely recommend trying that so the team can look into this for you and get it sorted :slight_smile:

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

if you mean your IHD is not working
here's a link for you to have a look at.:
https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/ihd-isn-t-working-10331

Extract:

If your IHD isn't working as it should, in your account go to ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’, and type the words 'IHD problem'. WattBot will take a bit more info from you and then pass this on to our Member Services team to investigate.

They’ll contact you by email to let you know what they’ve done to get your IHD back working as it should.

Thanks for the reply. I’d already used the Watt Bot but it didn’t help at all.

The unit is displaying an error code 22-2

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

communication error.

@joncuthbert Have you tried de-powering the ihd, placing as near meters as possible (a few metres) and repowering it?

Hey @joncuthbert 

If you type ‘IHD problem’ into WattBot, he should then collect more info about what the IHD problem is, and pass this on to our Smart team to look into. It’s worth noting it’s not a live chat service - the team will get back to you by email to let you know what’s been done to try and get your IHD communicating again. 

I’d definitely recommend trying that so the team can look into this for you and get it sorted :slight_smile: