Solved

Smart meter install - No gas reading

• 16 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello,
We had our smart meter install 2 days ago. The electric reading is displaying fine on the Trio device and the installer advised that it would take up to 24 hours to see a gas reading displayed. There is still no reading for the gas though. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
Thank you,
Brett
icon

Best answer by Gingerbrettman 16 August 2019, 21:54

It’s resolved now. I did restart the Trio device earlier and nothing changed but another (accidental) restart and it’s all okay now. Both readings are showing.
View original

7 replies

It’s resolved now. I did restart the Trio device earlier and nothing changed but another (accidental) restart and it’s all okay now. Both readings are showing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Great, thanks for the update.
Nice to hear it's working, are you North or South?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Impressed by that Gingerbread, Wozeeta! 🙀👍👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
it's a gingerbread mini! Thanks!
Love the meerkat by the way, I wonder if it has a meer history of the Kalahari degree...
Bev;35666:
Impressed by that Gingerbread, Wozeeta! ������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I adored that Kalahari document on meerkats quite few years back. Bought the book. Adorable animal 💕💕💕💕. Collected all the Compare the meerkats soft toys too 😂😂😂, stop larfing!
I had a smart meter installed last week I thought for gas and electricity. However it has only ever given electricity readings, no day, week, month as the blurb says and to cap it all it has stopped working today. Apparently it is trying to read data but nothing happening despite 2 power downs to see if that would do the trick
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Doug
Please don't take this as unhelpful, it's more of a resigned comment than an unhelpful one - join the ever growing club.
If it doesn't spring to life in a few days (after a restart) go to help>wattbot>type message the team and enquire.
You'll also have to submit monthly readings from the actual meter for the moment.
​sigh....
PP are working on fixes, it's not worth wasting much effort on at this stage.
Doug;40616:
I had a smart meter installed last week I thought for gas and electricity. However it has only ever given electricity readings, no day, week, month as the blurb says and to cap it all it has stopped working today. Apparently it is trying to read data but nothing happening despite 2 power downs to see if that would do the trick