Smart meter IHD issues update

Show first post

78 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi bell
​You only need to pay PP for the energy and membership fee, you can change providers without penalty, irrespective of whoever installed your meter (and for which there is no charge).
Bell;35905:
Thanks for all the information, can you just let me know if in the future after we have our smart meter fitted, we decide to go to another provider will we then have to pay pure planet?
Having the same issue as others new install yesterday and gas showing but no electricity usage.
I had 2 new meters installed last week. Electricity is working & sending info to the screen. But the gas does not - I only have the electricity usage, no mention of gas at all?
Hi @Dekenba
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. I've moved your post to this thread as it seems to be the same issue about gas usage not appearing in the IHD.
Here's the latest.
My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

It's a little wild - £8 an hour cost! - but I guess it needs more data before it starts to make sense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
If you were to keep the gas on constantly (it almost never is) and it was heating water at the rate of say 15kWh (cost 50p) or even a boiler in the cold weather taking say 60kw (that's a lot) (cost £2.00) constantly you'd never reach £8 an hour so that's a bit strange...
I wonder what it's measuring...
Dekenba;36533:
My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

It's a little wild - £8 an hour cost! - but I guess it needs more data before it starts to make sense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Dekenba;36533:

Just a thought, have you checked the tariff in settings, unlikely but may be wrong.
If you press the home button, use the arrows to scroll down to tariff select gas, and check.
It should be the same as stated in your app, balance and payments.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi @Marc, having had my IHD failing to reconnect after being unplugged, I decided to read through the various posts to see if I had missed anything to get it to work again.
On the subject of a firmware update, is this update for the Comms hub or the IHD. I don't see how you can update an IHD when it won't connect to the meters. In my own case it just shows the Geo logo and connecting to smart meter, or it did, I've unplugged it and put it in the cupboard.
Good morning @Duppy
I've had a chat with our smart meters team. If you're OK to plug it back in they'll have a crack at sorting it from here 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;37012:
Good morning @Duppy
I've had a chat with our smart meters team. If you're OK to plug it back in they'll have a crack at sorting it from here 🆙

I've plugged it back in, I'll leave it and see if they can do anything. Thanks
Hi @Marc. If whatever your smart team do to get Duppy’s IHD to connect works I’d be interested to know the fix as I suddenly had the exact same issue. Also no Statement again this month and a lack of readings information on the app, I thought you had fixed this issue last month? I’ve informed the team through Wattbott.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi ChrisH
I am also having the problem of no gas readings on app and no statements. The team have now entered some of the readings I submitted, but it appears that there is a problem with getting the readings from the gas meter. My electric readings are showing though
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
when-smart-meters-go-wrong <

disclaimer: I love technology.
Good morning @Duppy
Any joy yet with your IHD?

@ChrisH if you've contacted our time via WattBot that's brill 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;37140:
Good morning @Duppy
Any joy yet with your IHD?

@ChrisH if you've contacted our time via WattBot that's brill 🆙

Morning @Marc, I don't know at the moment, I'm away for a few days (again ), I know it wasn't working on Saturday, I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm home.:rolleyes:
Duppy;37141:
Morning @Marc, I don't know at the moment, I'm away for a few days (again ), I know it wasn't working on Saturday, I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm home.:rolleyes:

Sounds good. Safe travels! 🆙
Our smartmeter was installed in Edinburgh a week ago, and when the installer left the gas reading was showing, but the electricity was not.

The installer said that the reading would start "shortly". A week on, and it hasn't. I have tried turning it on and off again, but to no avail. What next?
Facherty;37174:
Our smartmeter was installed in Edinburgh a week ago, and when the installer left the gas reading was showing, but the electricity was not.

The installer said that the reading would start "shortly". A week on, and it hasn't. I have tried turning it on and off again, but to no avail. What next?

If you go to system status via the home screen does it give any information?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;37142:
Sounds good. Safe travels! 🆙

Hi @Marc, quick update, my daughter just phoned us, asked about IHD, still connecting to smart meter.
Duppy;37178:
Hi @Marc, quick update, my daughter just phoned us, asked about IHD, still connecting to smart meter.

Thanks @Duppy
Our smart meters team are now doing some work this end to re-join your IHD to the smart meters 🆙
My Smart meter was installed last week, IHD not working just says waiting for data all the time. My IHD is sat on top of the meter, couldn't be closer, help please?:(

- - - Updated - - -
@Marc, on the IHD connection issue I got what sounded like the stock response that the firmware update will sort. I was part of the southern rollout so not sure it actually will? On the Statement issue I’m promised one this week. If you can chase up the IHD connection issue that would be good, it sounds like the exact same issue Duppy had.
ChrisH;37195:
@Marc, on the IHD connection issue I got what sounded like the stock response that the firmware update will sort. I was part of the southern rollout so not sure it actually will? On the Statement issue I’m promised one this week. If you can chase up the IHD connection issue that would be good, it sounds like the exact same issue Duppy had.

Hi @ChrisH
The smart meter team are looking at your IHD now. Please tell me it's currently switched on and close to your electricity smart meter :foldedhands:🆙
It says, "Electricity meter not connected. Status: 28-1. Connected to the meter network, but not receiving all electricity meter data. Please wait for service to be restored."
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi @Marc

Update
Just arrived home IHD still not connected.