Solved

Smart Meter has stopped working in less than 12 months

• 8 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello

I was a PurePlanet customer and decided to get a smart meter during this time. Since then, I’ve switched to a provider that doesn’t offer a Smart Meter reading service.

However, my Smart Meter has stopped working and I’m wondering if there is a 12 month warranty or something to that effect to help fix the issue?

I can’t seem to find the answer of how to get the actual meter repaired. At the moment it is not turning on at all. Since it’s a government initiative to get people to switch to smart meter I’m hoping there is an overarching process to help resolve such issues with smart meters irrespective of the supplier of the energy once switch has occurred.

icon

Best answer by Mavis1 8 September 2020, 16:15

Hi saagar408.

Your current supplier has to fix your broken meter, smart or not you are their customer so its their problem. The somewhat dodgy fact they dont install smart meters has nothing to do with it. 

Smart meter install are mandated by the regulaters so not really sure how they are not using them. 

Dare i ask who the supplier is so that i can avoid them in future.

I note your only other post is about the lateness of a final bill im kinda guessing that your new supplier has proberly caused this issue aswell. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

I was under the impression if your meter is not working, you would have to contact your current energy supplier. 

I presume you do mean the actual meter not your In home Display?

It’s the actual meter rather than the IHD. 

The issue I’ve got is that my currently engergy supplier isn’t doing a smart meter roll out so I don’t even know whether they have the infrastructure to deal with a non-working smart meter since they won’t have any engineers on their staff to resolve it?

I was thinking there might be a government body I can ring to find the answer on how best to resolve such situation. 

The meter was installed by Pure Planet but I since switched to a supplier that doesn’t offer this service. The meter has been working fine since the switch but then recently just stopped working. Doesn’t do anything irrespective of pressing the A or B buttons on the meter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi saagar408.

Your current supplier has to fix your broken meter, smart or not you are their customer so its their problem. The somewhat dodgy fact they dont install smart meters has nothing to do with it. 

Smart meter install are mandated by the regulaters so not really sure how they are not using them. 

Dare i ask who the supplier is so that i can avoid them in future.

I note your only other post is about the lateness of a final bill im kinda guessing that your new supplier has proberly caused this issue aswell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@saagar408 you’ll need to submit a complaint if they don’t fix it so you can progress it through formal channels (ombudsman etc.) once they say they can’t resolve it. You need to give them a chance to fix it first.

You won’t get anywhere if you can read it manually, that’s the important part if you can’t read it manually  it needs fixing, anything else is a bonus (ihd communication, remote reading etc.)

Did you hold the button down for a couple of seconds?