Solved

Smart Meter from Previous

• 13 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m new to Pure Planet and I was wondering, will they let me know if my Smart Meter from my previous supplier will be compatible with them or not? 

icon

Best answer by MrSmart 13 September 2021, 12:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi.

If you have a smart meter from  a previous supplier and you switch to PP, it will probably revert to a 'dumb' meter,  whereby you will have to submit readings every month again  .

Work is ongoing to get these meters working as smart meters again  , so until that time you will just have to submit your readings. .

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @LucasW96 

Do you know what type of SMETS1 meter you have i.e. the manufacturer?

The majority of the old generation SMETS1 meters should now be enrolled with the last cohort currently going through and more ‘complex’ setups still to be enrolled.

If the meter has been enrolled then switching to Pure would be like any other smart meter.

Hello @LucasW96 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community (and to Pure Planet)!

Some fab advice here from @Angelabikerbabe and @MrSmart - this may also be useful to have a read of:

I hope this helps!

Hi @MrSmart and @Angelabikerbabe ,

apologies for not getting back to you I was on holiday! 

My current SMETS1 I believe is a toshiba, that is what is on too of the Meter where I get the readings,

don’t know if that helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MrSmart and @Angelabikerbabe ,

My current SMETS1 I believe is a toshiba, that is what is on too of the Meter where I get the readings,

That will likely be the communications hub as Toshiba don’t actually make meters.

Smart meters are either Itron, Elster/Honeywell, Aclara, Secure, EDMI or L&G.

Toshiba also make SMETS2 comms hubs so it could be either I’m afraid!

Hi @MrSmart and @Angelabikerbabe ,

That will likely be the communications hub as Toshiba don’t actually make meters.

Smart meters are either Itron, Elster/Honeywell, Aclara, Secure, EDMI or L&G.

Toshiba also make SMETS2 comms hubs so it could be either I’m afraid!

Ah OK,

Well I just went onto my previous suppliers site (Octupus Energy) and it states that I am using a SMETS2 Smart Meter if that helps? @MrSmart