Solved

Smart Meter and Estimated bill.

• 18 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have a Smart Meter which I am told is working properly but I am getting Estimated Bills, Why?
icon

Best answer by woz 20 July 2019, 19:27

hi leedelph
Yes that is the idea. This is still in trial stage so I guess some people might need to send in readings to check all is as expected.
However there is an article telling you how to read your PP SM's should you wish to, it's in the pdf..HERE
Anyway no matter, it's easy just press a button on the front of the meter to wake it, press away, you can't do any harm, you're looking for tot.imp. kWh on elec meter and cu.m for gas meter.

​Alternatively don't bother and wait for the statements to correct which they will do. It just takes a short while after the meters are installed while everything is registered so I wouldn't fret yet.

leedelph;33663:
Hi, my smart meters were installed on the 17th June 19. by Magnum for PP. the engineer didn't show me how to read it manually and I can't find out online, but the whole idea is that I shouldn't have to.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello leedelph.

Unless PP installed the smart meter then it does not transmit the meter readibgs to PP and you will need to supply them manually via the app/webpage.
Hi, my smart meters were installed on the 17th June 19. by Magnum for PP. the engineer didn't show me how to read it manually and I can't find out online, but the whole idea is that I shouldn't have to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi leedelph
Yes that is the idea. This is still in trial stage so I guess some people might need to send in readings to check all is as expected.
However there is an article telling you how to read your PP SM's should you wish to, it's in the pdf..HERE
Anyway no matter, it's easy just press a button on the front of the meter to wake it, press away, you can't do any harm, you're looking for tot.imp. kWh on elec meter and cu.m for gas meter.

​Alternatively don't bother and wait for the statements to correct which they will do. It just takes a short while after the meters are installed while everything is registered so I wouldn't fret yet.

leedelph;33663:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi leedelph,
​as woz says, I wouldn't fret yet, the readings will eventually sort themselves out. It is coming up to 2 months since my smart meters were fitted and my readings still do not show on the app correctly as the gas is missing completely since the installation. I'm not bothered that much, I know my payments will cover the bill when it is eventually sorted, until then my account balance is looking pretty healthy