Solved

Smart meter

• 25 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I've just switched to Pure planet today. I have a smart meter with Scottish Power, do I need to unplug this when the switch over is complete?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 25 July 2019, 21:41

Hi, if it is a Smets1 meter (Which it probably will be), then no...don't do anything.
It will revert to an old style meter, where you have to read it and send meter readings to PP.
It will not.communicate any longer with your old supplier.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi, if it is a Smets1 meter (Which it probably will be), then no...don't do anything.
It will revert to an old style meter, where you have to read it and send meter readings to PP.
It will not.communicate any longer with your old supplier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Charlie76
You mean the In-Home-Display, not the actual meter? Some continue to work, many don't. If it seems to continue displaying the correct consumption (the money will be wrong because PP won't be able to update the price info.) then no harm in leaving it connected. If not just unplug.
Angela's answer about reading the meter(s) is correct, you need to read the actual meter though not the IHD.
Charlie76;33979:
Hi, I've just switched to Pure planet today. I have a smart meter with Scottish Power, do I need to unplug this when the switch over is complete?
Thanks