Solved

smart meeter fitting

• 15 September 2020
  • 5 replies

hi I need smart meters fitting into my rental property 

5 replies

Hi @Geoffcousins, Have a look at https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/smart-meter-installations-everything-you-need-to-know-10336 and this for Landlords https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/guide-for-landlords-and-letting-agents-10313

Nobody can give a date or a estimate of time to get smart meters fitted. And I do not like there is no direct contact phone numbers to talk to people. I don't like waiting for people to reply to messages in a discussion group I have not received any answers to my original question just links that do not tell you when I can get smart meters fitted and no estimate of time.

When running a business I need times and deadlines to work with not a load of links that do not allow me to book dates or contact details for the fitting of new smart meters 

I think I need to change my supply company to one who can supply what I need with contactable people who can give a good customer service 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Geoffcousins 

PP are contactable, you can contact them directly using wattbot (type message the team and persist through bot replies until it says your message is sent), however they are a domestic supplier not a business supplier. Unfortunately there is presently a covid generated uncertainty/backlog in fulfilling your demands.

If it’s business critical then perhaps you need to set up a business account elsewhere where you may (or may not) get a more certain turnaround otherwise you’re in the same boat as all of the other domestic customers who have been and  are waiting for smart meters, (and incidentally there is no certainty your area or connectivity will allow smart meters until it’s checked by Magnum.)

That said I’m absolutely certain that a representative of PP (@Nataly )will be along here tomorrow to reply to your demand, for which, incidentally  you did get a reply from the community (I’m sorry if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear).

I don’t work for Pure Planet.

Nobody can give a date or a estimate of time to get smart meters fitted. And I do not like there is no direct contact phone numbers to talk to people. I don't like waiting for people to reply to messages in a discussion group I have not received any answers to my original question just links that do not tell you when I can get smart meters fitted and no estimate of time.

When running a business I need times and deadlines to work with not a load of links that do not allow me to book dates or contact details for the fitting of new smart meters 

I think I need to change my supply company to one who can supply what I need with contactable people who can give a good customer service 

Quite ungracious @Geoffcousins. I hope you find somewhere more suited to your particular needs and where you are able to nurture robust working relationships.

Hi @Geoffcousins 

We’re a digital-only supplier, which means we don’t have a call centre. You can get in touch with our Member Services team in your account by selecting ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ (and type ‘message the team’ if WattBot can’t help). :thumbsup:

If you’d like smart meters fitted, it’ll depend on the availability of engineers in your area, and meeting some eligibility criteria (e.g. that you don’t already have first-generation smart meters installed). Our metering contractor Magnum would then be able to arrange a time and date for the installation with you directly. 

Hope that helps!