Solved

Should my IHD work straight away?

our smart meter was fitted yesterday. The IDH is still saying waiting for data. the engineer who fitted it advised it may take up to 72 hrs until it shows data. I just wondered if this is correct as instruction manual suggests it should give reading within a few hours? 

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 7 May 2021, 13:40

Hi @Lyndsay, yes it can take a while. Maybe try moving it nearer to your meter so you eliminate distance as an obstacle to them communicating. 

If that doesn’t do it in the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine you have an IHD problem. If it doesn’t sort you out, type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

View original

4 replies

Hi @Lyndsay, yes it can take a while. Maybe try moving it nearer to your meter so you eliminate distance as an obstacle to them communicating. 

If that doesn’t do it in the app use the ☰ menu to Get help and support then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine you have an IHD problem. If it doesn’t sort you out, type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

our smart meter was fitted yesterday. The IDH is still saying waiting for data. the engineer who fitted it advised it may take up to 72 hrs until it shows data. I just wondered if this is correct as instruction manual suggests it should give reading within a few hours? 

When I moved mine from the bedroom to the passageway, it took a week for it to start receiving data - and it’s actually closer to the meter now than it was before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don’t wanna be putting anything in your passageway, our Gwynd! 😳🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You don’t wanna be putting anything in your passageway, our Gwynd! 😳🤣🤣🤣

🤣