Should my IHD be displaying my tariff info now I've switched to Pure?

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Should my IHD be displaying my tariff information now that I have switched to Pure? It is not currently. It is a SMETS2 Landis + GYR with IHD. It worked fine with my previous supplier. If it takes some time to appear. How long after switch should I wait?

5 replies

Userlevel 3

“The industry estimates that by the end of 2020 more than 99.25% of UK households will have good enough data coverage for a SMETS2.”

Yeah.. no.  If I can’t get a signal in a busy town 5 miles outside Manchester then someone out in the countryside has absolutely no chance.. 99.25 would imply nearly everyone within the next 2 months.

Sure it isn’t end of 2021?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I agree

I don’t believe a word of that,  let’s see a field strength map, furthermore for a critical infrastructure project even 99% is unacceptable (unless you’re living off-grid).

Userlevel 2

Should my IHD be displaying my tariff information now that I have switched to Pure? It is not currently. It is a SMETS2 Landis + GYR with IHD. It worked fine with my previous supplier. If it takes some time to appear. How long after switch should I wait?

I’d like to know this too as I’m about to switch soon. I know they can take a long time to start working again after a switch but how long should we wait before contacting support?

Hey @markja @srf739 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, I’ve moved your question to its own new post @markja  :thumbsup:

This is a good question!  

If in another few weeks your info hasn’t updated, I’d get in touch with our Member Services team to let them know. Just select ‘get help and support’ in your account, > ‘ask a question’ and type ‘IHD problem’. 

Also just to let you know, we'll ask for your opening readings. From then, we'll take a smart meter reading once a month.

I assume this is the “new post”. Though this thread still seems to be mixed with other posts.

‘get help and support’ in your account, > ‘ask a question’ and type ‘IHD problem’

I have already tried the route you suggest so will see what happens in next few days.

I have alredy provided closing/opening reading to both old/new suppliers. Though can’t imagine why this is necessary as both should be able to read my SMETS2 meter.