Solved

requesting SMET2 for solar panels

• 21 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

I know there is a lot of info in this community but want to ask a specific question and get a current and clear answer.

I am about to have solar panels fitted and need to get a SMETS2 meter in order to access SEG. I understand PP does not yet support SEG but that I can sell my excess electricity to other suppliers who do. I called Magnum Utilities and they said I couldn’t request the smart meter myself, a ticket needs to be raised by PP. 

Question is: can I request (and GET) installation of a SMETS2 meter by PP?  Or do I need to change suppliers to achieve this?

Obviously I mean in a reasonable timeframe (not ‘when the moon is in the orbit of your login page’).  I also realise there may be a Covid backlog.

Thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 21 September 2020, 12:39

Hi @ChuckG 

I'm assuming you have read this FAQ?

This would suggest you can't have an installation on demand.

If you want a specific answer from Pure Planet, then Wattbot is the route, start by putting message the team in the question box.

Best of luck

Stephen

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ChuckG 

If you want a specific answer from Pure Planet, then Wattbot is the route, start by putting message the team in the question box.

Best of luck

Stephen

Hi @ChuckG 

Best of luck

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Thanks, and yes, I have read this.  It’s 2 month’s old and a little non-specific (ie: we’re rolling out region by region and don’t contact us, we’ll contact you).  As a customer with imminent solar panels that’s frustrating so I was hoping for a definitive answer and even a timeline.  I’m happy to fill out a request form and get in a queue if there was such a facility. 

I agree, the FAQ you link implies there is no installation-on-demand, despite the Ofgem website saying ‘Your supplier will contact you to tell you when you can get one, but you can request one too’.

So, thanks, I will do what you suggest and message the Team.  I tried Wattbot - useless.

ChuckG

Hi @ChuckG 

Best of luck

Stephen

Just re-read your reply (properly!) - I will try Wattbot again and put message the Team in the box.

ChuckG

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ChuckG 

Best of luck

Stephen

Just re-read your reply (properly!) - I will try Wattbot again and put message the Team in the box.

ChuckG

Let us know how you get on. When you get the acknowledgement that you have messaged the team, then you should get an answer in one working day...