Reading Landis+Gyer E470 (SMETS1) view total registers

• 1 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Hi, Looking to view Actual Total Export reading

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 1 February 2021, 12:46

Hi @Jt10jrt 

That’s the same meter I have.

If you press the green button, the screen should light up, if you keep pressing it it will scroll through one screen at a time.

I’m sure I have posted the screen order here at least once before, but finding such a thing in my historic posts is, to say the least, a mite difficult.

Try this thread in Smart Meters:

How to REALLY read my Landis+Gyr electricity meter | Community (purepla.net)

Please bear in mind, Pure Planet only installed the SMETS2 version of the E470, so their knowledge of your meter is limited to those members of the community to have the same meter.

If you get nowhere, post back, and I will have a look at my screens and take photos, but as the bed’s in the way, that may have to wait until tomorrow.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

don't have any experience with that type of meter   but this might help:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.ctfassets.net/z0vjjzshbxiz/4aPLdcffUunWGa74A0RPKX/f35957ff7dcd7e0824c21486ffe5afc2/Landis_Gyr_E470_Series_3_Manual.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwivxLe7wcjuAhUEnVwKHWwHA4gQFjAJegQIHhAB&usg=AOvVaw3ttJ3hO9P3yR3akK5AZiCs

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Jt10jrt 

Sorry, I don’t have time to check if this covers your question, but here it is anyway. Post back if not?

Hi, Looking to view Actual Total Export reading

Hi @Jt10jrt 

I suspect both current answers you’ve currently received won’t help, as they aren’t your meter.

However, I have what I think is your meter, I will try and take photos later, but basically.

Press Green Button ‘A’ and if, once it’s lit up, you keep pressing it should scroll to the correct screen eventually.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

The attachment is for SMEST2 mine is SMESTS1 see below

Hi @Jt10jrt 

That’s the same meter I have.

If you press the green button, the screen should light up, if you keep pressing it it will scroll through one screen at a time.

I’m sure I have posted the screen order here at least once before, but finding such a thing in my historic posts is, to say the least, a mite difficult.

Try this thread in Smart Meters:

How to REALLY read my Landis+Gyr electricity meter | Community (purepla.net)

Please bear in mind, Pure Planet only installed the SMETS2 version of the E470, so their knowledge of your meter is limited to those members of the community to have the same meter.

If you get nowhere, post back, and I will have a look at my screens and take photos, but as the bed’s in the way, that may have to wait until tomorrow.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Followed you kind  instructions, results :-

Time

Date

Credit Mode

Standing Charge

Total act import

Rate 01 act import

Rate 02 act import

Meter Balance

And back to time

No sign of Actual exported reading.

My smart meter was installed by British Gas about 4 years ago. I dont know if thatis the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jt10jrt 

By asking about export readings, I assume you have solar panels. Did your meter show export while with BG and before switching to PP, although I can't see how it would affect the meter configuration, or is it possible you have a separate meter for exported energy.

I don't have solar, so have no experience of it, but others that do may be able to help further.

At the time I had my solar panels installed I didnt think about looking for Export values.

Thoughts!

1 Perhaps only able to view reading once every 24 hrs?

2 Only when the valve changes?

3 Not connected to an Energy Supplier at this time

4 In the process of changing from nPower to British Gas

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The attachment is for SMEST2 mine is SMESTS1 see below

@Jt10jrt I very much doubt that the menus will be significantly different,

If your meter has equal sized A and B buttons:
landis_1.svg

Press the A button to get to the ‘Credit mode bal’ screen.

1. Press and hold A for around 2 seconds, until the screen shows the time.
  2. Press the A button a few more times to go through the meter's screens until you see your ‘Total Act Export’ reading in kWh.

If your meter has a large green A button and a small black B button:
landis_2.svg

1. Press and hold the A button until the time comes up. 
  2. Press the A button a few more times to go through the meter's screens until you see your ‘Total Act Export’ reading in kWh.

Result: -

Time

Date

Credit Mode

Standing Charge

Total act import

Rate 01 act import

Rate 02 act import

Meter Balance

And back to time

Not able to see Total Act Export

Thoughts! On why it doesn’t work

1 Perhaps only able to view reading once every 24 hrs?

2 Only when the valve changes?

3 Not connected to an Energy Supplier at this time

4 Now in the process of changing from nPower to British Gas

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jt10jrt 

You mentioned "3 Not connected to an Energy Supplier at this time"

If you are not exporting any energy, that could be why you can't see an export reading.

Just a guess, as I have no idea how it all works

3 What i mean is that my Smart Meter is not connected to nPower.

Even with a little bit of sunshine I am exporting a small amount 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have a feeling that the customer displayed registers are part of the commissioning process…but I have no proof...(perhaps they can be changed remotely, I don’t know)

I have the same problem as above can’t see my export but I have solar edge app where I can see my export just can’t see it on meter 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have the same problem as above can’t see my export but I have solar edge app where I can see my export just can’t see it on meter 

@Edd902 Raise it through customer services, (wattbot help&support)

I have a feeling the meter has to be recommissioned or “spoken to firmly” to make these readings available, but that’s a guess.

Persist until message sent to team

@Edd902 Raise it through customer services, (wattbot help&support)

I have a feeling the meter has to be recommissioned or “spoken to firmly” to make these readings available, but that’s a guess.

Persist until message sent to team

I’m not sure if Pure Planet can do very much, L&G SMETS 1 meters haven’t been migrated to the Data Communication Company yet.

I can’t see the issue with smart meters hold up..

people like my self are trying to export back into the grid and yet we are left waiting at times when in it most important to export..

being a sparky my self I know hoe long it takes to change a meter and it’s not a hour job..

pure planet are committed to green energy but yet leave customers who produce green energy waiting with no contact or feed back on the smart meters 

I can’t see the issue with smart meters hold up..

people like my self are trying to export back into the grid and yet we are left waiting at times when in it most important to export..

being a sparky my self I know hoe long it takes to change a meter and it’s not a hour job..

pure planet are committed to green energy but yet leave customers who produce green energy waiting with no contact or feed back on the smart meters 

Changing the meter may only be an hour job, but then there’s driving to all those different Pure Planet customers, who may not be particularly close to each other - there are after all 27.8 million households in the UK, assuming only 1in 5 Pure Planet customers joined the community, that still leaves only 1 Pure Planet supplied household in every 111 - that’s an awful lot of travelling, particularly in rural areas.
In the case of replacing SMETS1 with SMETS 2, it’s also a lot of wasted meters that are due to be upgraded eventually.

I’ve said it before, looks like I’ll say it again, the Smart Meter rollout would have been much more sensibly carried out on a street by street, village by village, etc basis - not this current hodge-podge based on who your supplier is, and when Clancy Docwra, Lowri Beck, Morrison Data, Magnum Utilities etc. can get to you.