Question

New to Pure Planet. Have Smets1 Secure Liberty 100, migrated to smets2 network

Hi.

I recently moved to pure planet.  my smets1 meter is secure liberty 100 and has apparently been migrated to smets2.  How long does it take before Pure Planet can access my meter to set cost per units and receive meter readings?

Many thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 4

Pure planet should be able to to take over the secure liberty smet1 meters straight away once switch is done of course depending if database has the right serial numbers of gas and electricity meters.  The smet1 meters have been upgraded to try and communicate with all suppliers and if successful you will keep your smet1 meters.  Smet1 meters will remain as smet1 meters and smet2 meters are completely different from smet1 meters so whoever said your smet1 will work as a smet2 is wrong unless I've missed something on articles about the smet1s getting smet2 features.

Hi. I understand that the smets1 meter will not become a smets2 meter.  

I was just wondering how long it took for the ihd and meter to become smart again after swapping supplier. 

my secure liberty meter / ihd appear to be dumb still after switching supplier to pure planet on 9 October. 

pure planet have the serial numbers as they requested photos of the meters with numbers clear. 

totally confused as wattbot says pure planet won’t be able to utilise my secure liberty smets1 meter til 2021?

Good info and questions @MEFF2020? Sounds like there’s some out of date documentation here. I don’t know who’s right, but I know the answer will appear here soon. Stay patient. 😌

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MEFF2020 

What makes you think your Secure liberty meters gave been upgraded to Smets2. If they have not been upgraded PP won't be able to communicate with them

Hi @MEFF2020 

What makes you think your Secure liberty meters gave been upgraded to Smets2. If they have not been upgraded PP won't be able to communicate with them

The DCC roll out schedule and a post already on this forum somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MEFF2020 

The DCC roll out schedule and a post already on this forum somewhere.

The start date for updates was September 2020 and that was only an estimate. 

The only way to know for sure is to use Wattbot type" message the team " and ask them, they have access to your account and meter information. It looks like your Wattbot screenshot is replies from the bot

Top tips @Duppy.

@MEFF2020 Just persist chatting with the bot until it gives up trying to help and sends your conversation to a human. Or add the phrase message the team to bypass the machine conversation.

Userlevel 4

I would.just type " advisor " into wattbot and it should put you through to someone but the smart meters I thought would have turned to being smart again.

Hey everyone, 

Just jumping in here to say WattBot’s info here is correct - once SMETS1 meters are updated to the SMETS2 network, the IHD should show your energy usage (provided it was working OK previously!), but wouldn’t update to show the correct tariff information. You can always check your tariff info in your account under ‘menu’ > ‘tariff and usage’ :slight_smile:

As noted here Secure meters did start to be upgraded in September, once upgraded you’d begin to see ‘smart’ readings in your account and monthly statements @MEFF2020. Hope that helps! 

Hey everyone, 

Just jumping in here to say WattBot’s info here is correct - once SMETS1 meters are updated to the SMETS2 network, the IHD should show your energy usage (provided it was working OK previously!), but wouldn’t update to show the correct tariff information. You can always check your tariff info in your account under ‘menu’ > ‘tariff and usage’ :slight_smile:

As noted here Secure meters did start to be upgraded in September, once upgraded you’d begin to see ‘smart’ readings in your account and monthly statements @MEFF2020. Hope that helps! 

Ok.. so the IHD will never again tell me how much I am spending each day but the meter should (when connected) submit readings for me when successfully migrated to smets2 network?  is this right?  thank you :)

Hey @MEFF2020 

Spot on! :ok_hand: 

In terms of the IHD, you’d be able to to monitor your energy usage (provided this functionality worked previously) but the tariff information, so specific cost, would be out of date - this doesn’t update for SMETS1 meters unfortunately!