Solved

New customer with pre-existing smart meter

• 7 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m a new customer currently in the process of switching. I received an email asking for a meter reading, even though I have a smart meter installed. When I went to give a meter reading it asked for electricity meter reading, but then I got a message saying it looks like I’ve got a smart meter for gas so it didn’t need one. I’m a bit confused as to why it knows I’ve got a smart meter for gas but not electricity.

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 7 October 2020, 21:26

Hi @H82,

Yes, seems odd. Maybe it’ll figure it out by next month. The gas info might have overtaken the electric info?

For an easy life, maybe wait and see what happens. If it’s wrong next time, you can raise it with Pure Planet…

PS, you enigmatic username reminds me of the band M83.

View original

4 replies

Hi @H82,

Yes, seems odd. Maybe it’ll figure it out by next month. The gas info might have overtaken the electric info?

For an easy life, maybe wait and see what happens. If it’s wrong next time, you can raise it with Pure Planet…

PS, you enigmatic username reminds me of the band M83.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@H82 

hi hateetoo

also check your meter serials are correct and match the ones on the meters (just in case)

Yes I’m happy to leave it and see if it works out. But out of interest, how would I raise it with Pure Planet in the event that it is an issue? They don’t seem to have any contact details.

Like this @H82. 👍🏻