Solved

Need a gas smart meter

• 23 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have just joined Pure Planet.  I already have an electric smart meter but I live in a flat where my electric meter is on the top floor of my 2 storey maisonette and the gas meter is in the basement of the cafe I live above.  Can I have a separate gas smart meter?

icon

Best answer by Marc 26 February 2021, 11:18

This graphic sorta explains it

Unfortunately the way they’re made/built, the comms hub sits on the elec meter. There’s no comms hub for gas meters. 

View original

4 replies

This graphic sorta explains it

Unfortunately the way they’re made/built, the comms hub sits on the elec meter. There’s no comms hub for gas meters. 

Hi

Unfortunately too far away from each other...4 floors in between.  Hence the question about whether I could get a separate gas smart meter...

Welcome to the community @Samdavies 

Thanks for posting.

How far is the gas meter from your elec meter? 

The reason I ask - there’s a ‘comms hub’ which sits on top of the smart elec meter which needs to speak to the gas one. If the two meters are too far away, they won’t talk to each other. :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.
There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq,  if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',