Solved

Moving the electric meter by one metre

• 18 September 2020
  • 13 replies

I have just installed a toilet underneath my staircase and I want to move the electricity meter with it current board within one metre.   Can you please let me know when you can action it or if you can’t do it, can you advise me what to do please?   Hope to hear from you soon. Collins Archie-Pearce

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 18 September 2020, 09:11

Hi @Collinsp19 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. But they're usually a helpful bunch!!

I think this FAQ tell you what you want to know

Post back if you need any further help

Stephen

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Collinsp19 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. But they're usually a helpful bunch!!

I think this FAQ tell you what you want to know

Post back if you need any further help

Stephen

I have just installed a toilet underneath my staircase and I want to move the electric meter with it current board within one metre.
Can you advise me what to do please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have just installed a toilet underneath my staircase and I want to move the electric meter with it current board within one metre.
Can you advise me what to do please? 

@Collinsp19 Slightly puzzled - did my previous answer to the same question not help?

That’s spot on @stephenrand  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the community @Collinsp19 Hope the FAQ article helps you out :slight_smile:

That FAQ, @Marc, mentions the price for moving by more than a metre and the price for moving less than a metre. So it doesn’t actually answer the question. 😝

How much is it to move a meter a metre? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@25 quid Great to see your pedantry is available in metric...!

Hahaha love you guys @25 quid @stephenrand :laughing:

It’s £126 for up to one metre. We can amend the FAQ.

Old version

Our costs are £126 per meter move if the distance is less than one metre, and £252 if it’s further than one metre.

New version

Our costs are £126 per meter move if the distance is up to one metre, and £252 if it’s further than one metre.

This is better? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’ll confuse the hell out of those that don’t know their metres from their meters 😂😂😂🤸‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

These units confuse me said Peter
I set out to measure a metre
I find it too hard
to measure a yard
So in future I'll meter a metre.

getting coat now….

@woz is this the long-awaited second stanza to the poetry corner poem?! 

I love it… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hahaha love you guys @25 quid @stephenrand :laughing:

It’s £126 for up to one metre. We can amend the FAQ.

Old version

Our costs are £126 per meter move if the distance is less than one metre, and £252 if it’s further than one metre.

New version

Our costs are £126 per meter move if the distance is up to one metre, and £252 if it’s further than one metre.

This is better? 

I suspect @25 quid might prefer

Our costs are £126 per meter move if the distance is up to and including one metre, and £252 if it’s further than one metre.

Just saying...

Haha, no, I’m happy with the change. I reckon up to, implies includes and is also fewer words. And yes, less is more. 

Tangent alert: less or fewer, my favourite mistake.

All sorted. :thumbsup:

Alas, minus the poem from @woz because if one FAQ has poetry in it, then all the FAQs will want one.