More smart meter IHD craziness (Part 3)

• 27 January 2021
  • 66 replies

Show first post

66 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Another (occasional) update on my IHD/app behaviour--when something changes.

The accumulated daily gas readings appear to have (partially) returned, as seen in the IHD and app screenshots (taken this morning 19-Feb).

The IHD is showing accumulated daily totals for all days except yesterday.

The app is showing accumulated totals for all days except: 22-Jan -- 1-Feb, 9, 10, 18-Feb (yesterday).

@Marc @Duppy 

IHD gas history 19-Feb. Thu 18-Feb total incorrect

App gas daily totals. 18-Feb incorrect

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@schase   @Marc 

Mine is showing something similar, the IHD is showing  some accumulated usage and the app is also showing some but not all.

The app shows nothing before 17 January then a gap 21-27 January, then a gap 3-10 February  and 18th (yesterday ). Its only started showing since yesterday

Good morning @schase @Duppy 

I was away Thurs and Fri. Obvs back at the races today. 

Any changes to the IHDs? If not I can report to the smart meters team this news, that some cumulative usage is now showing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Morning @Marc 

The IHD appears to now be showing the usage for last week, although the app isn't showing Thursday to Sunday. But that's another story

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Same story as Duppy.

My IHD appears to be showing what may be correct usage (although it’s hard to tell on the Monthly bar chart, as the latest week (22 Feb--3 Mar) is showing a very small amount (but then we’re only 15-½ hours into the current week).

On the app:

The daily totals (on the Weeks and Months budget bar charts) are missing (i.e. near zero) for 22 Jan--1 Feb, then 9, 10, 18--21 Feb. If this behaviour continues, tomorrow we should see today (22 Feb) added to the list of dates missing cumulative gas data.

On the Timeline, the current Weekly Summary for gas is not appearing at all (it was appearing in previous weeks). The Weekly Summary for electricity is appearing (posted Sunday midnight).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It would appear that the IHD showing the gas accumulated usage was short lived, no usage shown since last Monday 22/2

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

It would appear that the IHD showing the gas accumulated usage was short lived, no usage shown since last Monday 22/2

@Marc If i were to take a photo of my IHD it would look the same as @Duppy’s. No accumulated gas usage shown since Monday 22 Feb.

Thank you @Duppy @schase this is really useful.

Our smart team is gathering data on this to present to GEO to get them to fix it! 

Hi @schase @Duppy 

Are you guys seeing any improvements re cumulative gas usage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @schase @Duppy 

I'm afraid not @Marc , it shows usage for the day, then disappears the next day, leaving only the membership fee as usage

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @schase @Duppy 

I'm afraid not @Marc , it shows usage for the day, then disappears the next day, leaving only the membership fee as usage

@Marc  I’m still seeing the same problem as @Duppy on the app, but now it looks like the IHD might now be showing correct cumulative gas usage on following days (it wasn’t when I last checked a few days ago).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @schase @Duppy 

I'm afraid not @Marc , it shows usage for the day, then disappears the next day, leaving only the membership fee as usage

@Marc  I’m still seeing the same problem as @Duppy on the app, but now it looks like the IHD might now be showing correct cumulative gas usage on following days (it wasn’t when I last checked a few days ago).

Still the same on both app and IHD for me.

Thanks @schase @Duppy for really quick replies! 

I’m feeding back to service team :thumbsup:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks @schase @Duppy for really quick replies! 

I’m feeding back to service team :thumbsup:

@Marc @Duppy  Screen shots just now:

IHD looks correct.

App doesn’t show cumulative usage for yesterday (Monday); last week’s app screen only shows what looks to be the standing charge but some bizarrely low number for kWh

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just a quick update on this. My IHD now seems to be displaying usage as  expected, likewise the app.

Just a quick update on this. My IHD now seems to be displaying usage as  expected, likewise the app.

That’s great news @Duppy :slight_smile:

Most odd though. As far as we know, nothing has changed. We’ll find out from Geo whether they’ve changed or fixed anything.