Keep sending us monthly meter readings after your new smart meter installation - for now

Show first post

34 replies

saagar408;40700:
Hi Marc.

Just some feedback, whilst the information is there somewhere in the community page, it would be really good if PurePlanet made some videos and uploaded to their YouTube channel (create one if not there).

The smart meters look different and I was really confused on how to take the readings. A video assisted guides would be really good. Especially since the ones currently on YouTube by others have this digital numberical pad but the ones installed by PP doesn't. So would be good to show how to activate the screen then take the readings and submit it via the App.

Fantastic feedback @saagar408
Yep, totally agree. Our marketing team are already planning this.
🆙🆙🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Brewery Paul;40747:
Smart meters fitted last July, these and monitor have never worked. Customer have no substantive answers.Probably the best thing would be to return me to the previous manual system. At 76 years old I don't want all faffing about and generally ignored by Planet. My friends have satisfactory Smart Metering from their suppliers. Perhaps the best thing would be to change to one of those!

Hi there
I can imagine it's all very frustrating, and presumably you have been sending manual readings since the smart meter was installed.
But if you switch away from Pure Planet it won't make your smart meter work, and you will probably be paying more for your energy.
I think it will get fixed in the end... might take a few months.
Stephen
I m in the same position - i have a smart meter since my previous supplier. But it has stopped recording anything since the switchover. So I have no functioning electric meter now. What do I do?
how will my electric bill be ascertained? How can I check if its right?
​​​​​​​mared
Mared;42095:
I m in the same position - i have a smart meter since my previous supplier. But it has stopped recording anything since the switchover. So I have no functioning electric meter now. What do I do?
​​​​​​​mared

Hey @Mared
I've moved your post to this thread - worth checking this out.
Hope it helps 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi manselton
Your supposition about prices just failed, PP don't increase their prices after a year, it's a variable tariff and can go up or down with 2 weeks notice.
​​​​​​​
manselton;39423:
Hi,

I'm new to PP this month and bringing SMETS2 meters with me.
I'd just like to report my experience, for what it is worth lol!

I switch every year in the belief that all energy companies penalise loyalty by default. So I do not waste my time asking a current supplier to match or better an offer. Waste of breath - I move. Over the phone Scottish Power won me over with the claim that they would always have me on their cheapest rate. So I switched to them in August. In September they installed SMETS2 meters. They were installed by Providor and made by Chameleon Technologies of Harrogate. The IHD or in-home-display carried this information:

IHD3-PPMID 2018
Model CA30106 Type 1

The technician said there was no user manual with it and my best bet was Youtube. For some days I only found SMETS1 looking anything like I'd got. (Did find a relevant video eventually.) Despite the fact that Scottish Power now only install SMETS2 all the info on their own site concerns smets1 !! Chameleon did not have an online manual either.

Fortunately I found the folk at smartme.co.uk who had nothing at the time but went out of their way and discovered that OVO had the same meters and produced a clear manual. They also found a colour pamphlet somewhere and placed both of these in their own public database.

By September I found that Scottish Power had deceived me and though I had the cheapest online tariff there were brokers tariffs cheaper again. So I gave them an earful and switched to PP immediately - under a fee of £30 per fuel to SP which I might still pursue - but no way do I stay with liars.

The actual supplier switch occurred at midnight last night and both meters read zero for about 12 hours and sprang into action about 12 noon. There was a message to say that the changeover was successful.

As I understand it
1) All smart meters work on a mobile network of its own (not the internet)
2) SMETS2 reports all meter figures to a government database.
(The point being it is raw data therefore no supplier can have an incompatible system.)
3) PP then has to gather the meter readings from there.
4) I expect PP has to install the tariffs to the IHD directly.

These last two points would need relevant permissions given to PP.

I would expect software testing to need to be very careful before everything is fully automated for bills so I'll just send in monthly readings until told otherwise.

It's all good so far with PP!
Best Wishes to all

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi mared
your smart meter is still working, the in home display has stopped not the meter. If you need help reading the actual meters post back.
Mared;42095:
​​​​​​​mared
Haha haa! OK Woz! Thanks for the correction and please forgive a grumpy old pensioner.
​​​​​​​Best Wishes
Is this issue still present? I've got a problem with mine such that one meter was actual reading and the other was an estimate.

​​​​​​​In the next bill it's been vice versa where the other is an estimate and the other is an actual read.
saagar408;42444:
Is this issue still present? I've got a problem with mine such that one meter was actual reading and the other was an estimate.

​​​​​​​In the next bill it's been vice versa where the other is an estimate and the other is an actual read.

Hi @saagar408
It's still an issue for some members, yes.
Once you're seeing regular (and correct!) smart readings in your app and in your monthly statement, then you can def stop sending them in.
​​​​​​​