Solved

Issue with smart meter reading

Userlevel 2

Hi, i just changed to pure planet, brilliant so long as you have no issues, if you do its impossible to speak to someone, i have looked in the community and see plenty of complaints about their preferred communition wotbot, its just painfull. I wished I never transfered, smart meters are a pain especially if they go wrong

icon

Best answer by woz 5 May 2021, 20:14

hi @Rcbridge 

I think I can solve this (I hope so!)

You’ve posted 3 photos, the lowest reading is 08557.7 there is a zero or two missing at the end because it’s assumed. to be 8557.700

The highest reading is 8871.8  again 2 zeroes assumed so  its really 8871.800

The reading submitted must only be the digits before the decimal point

so those 3 readings are 8557, 8868 and 8871 if you submit 4 digits OR 08557, 08868 and 08871  if you submit 5 digits

The difference between the first and last is 314kWh presumably that is in 5 weeks? (that seems reasonable or it’s what I would expect for a medium user it works out at 3200 to 3300 a year approx)

The reading that says 8868.027 shows three numbers after the decimal point.

Not your fault as you’d expect the same number of digits after the decimal point.

If you’ve been submitting incorrect readings because of this you need to send a message explaining you’ve misread it and give them the correct reading, your bill will be recalculated.

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 2

If i knew there were no humans i could speak to about my energy supplier, i would never of joined

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, i just changed to pure planet, brilliant so long as you have no issues, if you do its impossible to speak to someone, i have looked in the community and see plenty of complaints about their preferred communition wotbot, its just painfull. I wished I never transfered, smart meters are a pain especially if they go wrong

Hi @Rcbridge 

There's an irony here, in that you have made your second complaint of the day immediately below a post from a team member who you are convinced you can't talk to.

I realise that you feel you need a phone number to feel you can get in touch. I'm one of those that hated using a phone, because nine times out of ten my experience was that I waited 10-20 minutes to speak to someone who couldn't answer my question.

The fact is that in surveys of customers Pure Planet regularly scores very highly - partly because, I think, as your research on the community will have shown, most of the relatively few people with problems find they can be resolved through posting here.

I'm sorry you have been so frustrated, hope you get your answers soon.

Stephen

If i knew there were no humans i could speak to about my energy supplier, i would never of joined

Hi @Rcbridge 

Although Pure Planet mainly uses WattBot to solve Member queries, you can ‘speak’ to humans.

You can speak to humans here in The Community, we are able to assist with a wide range of issues, and if we can’t help, we can normally give some guidance as to how to get advice from WattBot.

Failing that, if neither WattBot or The Community can assist you, then you can send a message to the humans of the Member Services Team by typing ‘Message the Team’ into WattBot - WattBot will ask questions to see if it can help, and if it can’t it will allow you to leave a message for Member Services in a chat window, responses from Member Services are not instant, currently running at about three working days for an initial response.

What exactly is the issue with your Smart Meter?

Have you tried asking WattBot about the issue?

And also, please bear in mind, when it comes to ‘Smart Meters’ even Pure Planet’s own installs are reliant on at least 2 external organisations, Magnum Utilities - who install them, and the Data Communications Company - who collect the information and forward it to Pure Planet.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Rcbridge 

Are you on a fixed tariff?

Userlevel 2

100% Green 12m Fixed

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

100% Green 12m Fixed

Ahh OK in which case there is a penalty if you leave more than 50 days before the end date. 

If you don’t want to discuss the issue with your meter here use wattbot to get some help. Persist through bot replies until it says message sent to team

Userlevel 2

And there is the problem and my frustration.. there are no human beings to talk to as pure planet is a digital platform. I like the idea of speaking to someone, 2 mins of talking and all parties know what the problem is and discus the way forward. 

Pure planet digital platform means you enter info, you wait for an answer if either party does not understand or needs to add detail you start again, it takes weeks. How many people just walk away and left frustrated.

If I knew pure plant worked this way I would never of joined. Well here I am, I have sent 3 or more messages, sent numerous pictures and asked for a new meter, all because my meter is giving weird readings, aparently i have used either 3000 kwh or over 100000 kwh in a month.

All I really want is a meter installed that I dont have yo send readings every month, why cant I have that

Ask a question on the 

If I knew pure plant worked this way I would never of joined. Well here I am, I have sent 3 or more messages, sent numerous pictures and asked for a new meter, all because my meter is giving weird readings, aparently i have used either 3000 kwh or over 100000 kwh in a month.

All I really want is a meter installed that I dont have yo send readings every month, why cant I have that

Ask a question on the 

Hi @Rcbridge  

You say your meter is telling you that your usage is anywhere between 3000 kWh and 100000kWh a month

Is it telling you this here:

Or Here:

Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 2

Yes the irony, of a system that is not working.

I get a quick answer here, but still wait for a response and answer on wattbot. The irony here is if as much effort was made to help me on their preferred contact system as they do here responding to complaints then i would not look at writing on here in the first place

2 responses in as many hours, not so lucky on wattbot, countless messages, photos and a request to have my meter changed.

Would be nice to have 1 response there, I would gladly swap a 100 responses from here for one there.

Oh the irony

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2

5 weeks apart, i took photos of every type of display, i was told by my previous supplier it was the first set of numbers displayed after pressing 9 and had kwh displayed. 

I think its broken

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2

There you go again, a few hours later so since april i have used 3000 or over 100000, 1st reading display after pressing 9

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Rcbridge 

I think I can solve this (I hope so!)

You’ve posted 3 photos, the lowest reading is 08557.7 there is a zero or two missing at the end because it’s assumed. to be 8557.700

The highest reading is 8871.8  again 2 zeroes assumed so  its really 8871.800

The reading submitted must only be the digits before the decimal point

so those 3 readings are 8557, 8868 and 8871 if you submit 4 digits OR 08557, 08868 and 08871  if you submit 5 digits

The difference between the first and last is 314kWh presumably that is in 5 weeks? (that seems reasonable or it’s what I would expect for a medium user it works out at 3200 to 3300 a year approx)

The reading that says 8868.027 shows three numbers after the decimal point.

Not your fault as you’d expect the same number of digits after the decimal point.

If you’ve been submitting incorrect readings because of this you need to send a message explaining you’ve misread it and give them the correct reading, your bill will be recalculated.

Thanks @woz 

I didn’t answer because I was doing some research to see if:

1: I could find an explanation for the three places after the decimal point on the first reading.
2: I could work out why the first reading was 0000868.027. 
I didn’t realise it was meant to read 0008868.027

And @woz is quite correct, you are supposed to ignore all digits after the decimal point, they are the ‘digital equivalent’ of the old ‘red digit.’

Userlevel 2

NOW thats an answer.. thank you  I therefore need to send a message and state just the numbers before the decimal point correct the reading if say they need 6 numbers I would add 008868 and not say 8868.98, which as i dont add the decimal point can make the numbers different

NOW thats an answer.. thank you  I therefore need to send a message and state just the numbers before the decimal point correct the reading if say they need 6 numbers I would add 008868 and not say 8868.98, which as i dont add the decimal point can make the numbers different

Correct, you need to tell Pure Planet that your reading is either 008868 or 08868 - depending whether they ask for 5 or 6 digits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Rcbridge 

I don't know when you left a message on Wattbot, but are you aware that replies from the team can take up to 3 working days

Hi @Rcbridge 

Just to let you know, I’ve merged all of your posts together into one, new thread, as they were about a new topic. Keeping everything in one place also helps make sure it’s easier to view the advice you’ve received from other Members. :thumbsup:

Really glad to see the advice from other Members about your readings has gotten to the bottom of the issue! If you send your message to the team via WattBot, they’ll be able to make sure your account is updated as needed. :slight_smile: