Solved

IHD only showing gas, not electric

• 6 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I’m now 3 months with PP, and my IHD still does not show electric (only gas). It showed electric and gas fine before the switch.

I have tried previously typing “IHD problem” into Wattbot, and go no reply. I think tried typing, “Message the team IHD problem” and got no reply. 

I repeated this yesterday, and Wattbot took me through a number of questions, and a number of suggestions (the usual; turn off and on again; move closer to the meter; etc.).I went through all these steps (again), each time clicking “No” to the question, “Has this solved the problem?”

After clicking “No” for the last question, Wattbot didn’t do anything. Then, a while later, it said the following:

GREAT! However, later on, it said the following:

-  so, Wattbot replied to my reply, saying I didn’t reply! Grr …

I’ve typed the following (again):

… but as Wattbot didn’t reply, it looks like this message hasn’t registered on the system either. 

I really don’t like Wattbot.

Does anybody have any suggestions about why an IHD would only work for one fuel? I pay for gas and electric with PP.

icon

Best answer by Dunroving 14 October 2020, 13:21

Just an update, for people who search for threads on a similar problem. The IHD issue has been sorted!

I engaged in some to and fro, answering various questions, and then eventually the electric useage in kWh started showing (it was in small letters, at the bottom of the screen, so I can’t say whether it started appearing when I noticed it, or whether it had been there a while).

However, the cost useage (££) wasn’t showing. When I told PP this, they said, “I have sent through a forced tariff update to your meter  network - so this in turn should update on the IHD. It is usually quite quick to complete but can take up to 24 hours.”

Lo and behold, the ££ useage started showing within 24 hours! Score!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dunroving

it probably needs needs a pp reboot (up it’s backside).

type message the team and your message .Persist with wattbot, through the bot replies and accept not inaction (if there is inaction).

There is a lot of effort in your post, if only for that you deserve some action!

Hey @Dunroving 

Hmm this doesn’t look right! I flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ve confirmed we successfully received your WattBot chat yesterday, so seems like something did go right! :thumbsup:

Don’t worry, they’ll be able to view your previous messages too :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2

I had this with Scottish Power - after a lot of messing around their end it started working.

Just an update, for people who search for threads on a similar problem. The IHD issue has been sorted!

I engaged in some to and fro, answering various questions, and then eventually the electric useage in kWh started showing (it was in small letters, at the bottom of the screen, so I can’t say whether it started appearing when I noticed it, or whether it had been there a while).

However, the cost useage (££) wasn’t showing. When I told PP this, they said, “I have sent through a forced tariff update to your meter  network - so this in turn should update on the IHD. It is usually quite quick to complete but can take up to 24 hours.”

Lo and behold, the ££ useage started showing within 24 hours! Score!

Glad to hear it's sorted now @Dunroving 

Great news @Dunroving, thanks for keeping us updated in the Community, too! :smiley:

You see so many complaints, I thought it was only fair to post good news when it happens, too. :wink:

Maybe a teaching point here, too. I see posts complaining because everything is not up and running perfectly, often within days, if not hours of the official switch. Maybe a sign of our societal expectations these days - I want it, and I want it now, sort of thing. Give it a bit of time for things to work themselves out. Is it really critical that you can see your usage immediately?

I probably waited too long to persist with my query. HOWEVER, it seems really, really important to start with “Message The Team” every time. It’s been posted on several places to just type, “IHD problem” in Wattbot - but this won’t reach the team (I know; I tried it and reported in an earlier post that it didn’t work).

So, (a) give it time, but (b) after reasonable time, chase it up and be persistent!